Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone doing aiming for accuracy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-doing-aiming-accuracy-t225370.html)

KerryK 07-21-2013 02:50 PM

I've never done a Quilt-Along before, but it looks like fun. Some of it may be over my level of expertise, but I'm going to give it a try. Do I really have time to get involved in something else? No! Am I gonna do it anyway? Yes! (Of course!) Would love to see some pics of those in progress. Have no idea what colors to use, etc. Hmmm ... may have to buy more fabric! LOL

newestnana 07-22-2013 02:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by KerryK (Post 6188996)
I've never done a Quilt-Along before, but it looks like fun. Some of it may be over my level of expertise, but I'm going to give it a try. Do I really have time to get involved in something else? No! Am I gonna do it anyway? Yes! (Of course!) Would love to see some pics of those in progress. Have no idea what colors to use, etc. Hmmm ... may have to buy more fabric! LOL

I too have been doing the Quilt Along (joined late but caught up) and am definitely learning a lot. In fact I've already applied the techniques to another quilt I am working on (and yes it is making a difference). I am using fabric from my stash for the most part...seriously didn't need to buy more fabric LOL.

If you go to the website (provided in the first post), then click on any of the blocks (which redirects you to instructions for that block) you can also link to pictures that have been posted of completed blocks. But the best way to see work in progress is to become a member of the Aiming for Accuracy Quilt Along group on Facebook, where people post their blocks, mock-ups of their completed work, hints, questions. It is almost like a support group.

Here's my mock-up of the first three blocks.

judylg 07-22-2013 04:01 AM

Newestnana, going to be pretty. I started out well, but somehow am two blocks behind. I would like to get them done before the new one comes out next. It is great to learn how to be more accurate.

gardnergal970 07-22-2013 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I went to the FB page and found the tutorial for the mockup and did mine this morning. The colors aren't very true but work on the design wall. I'm learning so much this exercise. Probably the most important is not to settle for "almost" when it can be done better if I'm careful the first time. Here's my mockup-[ATTACH=CONFIG]425210[/ATTACH]I'm using green for my constant and the cream as a second. My main fabrics are all roses and I thought the cream would help them play together better.

KerryK 07-22-2013 08:13 AM

Newestnana, thanks for the suggestions. I did join the group on Facebook and love looking at all the pretty blocks that are posted! LOL I really love your mockup, and your colors are wonderful! I am so anxious to get started, but as someone has said before, life is just getting in the way! Soon, hopefully! I have downloaded and printed out the instructions that have already been given. They are sitting right here beside me with that glorious photo right on the top page! So hard to concentrate on "real work" when I want to quilt so badly! Grrrrrr!

judylg 07-22-2013 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 6190280)
I went to the FB page and found the tutorial for the mockup and did mine this morning. The colors aren't very true but work on the design wall. I'm learning so much this exercise. Probably the most important is not to settle for "almost" when it can be done better if I'm careful the first time. Here's my mockup-[ATTACH=CONFIG]425210[/ATTACH]I'm using green for my constant and the cream as a second. My main fabrics are all roses and I thought the cream would help them play together better.

That is going to be pretty!