Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone going shopping for after Christmas sales for 2012? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-going-shopping-after-christmas-sales-2012-a-t173181.html)

Nanamoms 12-26-2011 12:34 AM

I won't go to any major dept stores, NO WAY!! I may go to some smaller stores nearby and probably Hancock Fabrics. Dollar Stores are great places to buy wrapping paper, bags, etc. But then I have to store them and remember where I put them. I may order things on line if there are great bargains. I did most of my Christmas shopping on line.

For those who are braving the "after Christmas crowd" GOOD LUCK AND BE SAFE!!

zennia 12-26-2011 03:42 AM

Love your answer.And I agree.

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC (Post 4811077)
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I don't get anywhere near a department store or mall from October until about mid-January. I don't need anything that bad! Tooo many crazy people out there!!

AshleyR 12-26-2011 03:45 AM

YES!! I always get money for Christmas (I have more money after the holidays than I do before the holidays!!) and I usually buy those "After Christmas bargains" with it! My mom's birthday is Jan. 4th, and I've never paid fullprice for her birthday present!

I also held out for years, waiting for the perfect Christmas tree. Last year, I finally got one at 90% off!! It's the most beautiful tree I've ever seen and now it's in MY house! I just had to wait almost a year before I could put it up! (Just kidding, it's been up all this time! Just not decorated!)

Sandygirl 12-26-2011 03:54 AM

I don't get anywhere near a department store or mall from October until about mid-January. I don't need anything that bad! Tooo many crazy people out there!!

Amen! I plan on sewing all day! I don't need to buy presents and I don't need to shop aimlessly either! It is fun to be out and about but it takes me 45 minutes to get to the closest mall so no, I am staying off the roads and enjoying a "me" day!

PS: I did enough buying ME presents this last couple of months..a new serger, a cover stitch, Aurafil threades sets, etc. I am set!
sandy

pscott392 12-26-2011 04:51 AM

So agree!!!

littlesurfer 12-26-2011 05:00 AM

Thinking about it!

sweetana3 12-26-2011 05:03 AM

I keep remembering that my birthday month gets me better discounts from the two quilt stores I love. So I stay away during the after Xmas sales. Although this year I have my eye on a Christmas tree on steep discount and maybe a Halloween tree.

Mommomjoann 12-26-2011 05:03 AM

I'm going to Jo-Ann's hopefully to get the tall Ott lite for 79.99, save 100.00 ! I got Christmas $$$$ to spend!

granny216 12-26-2011 06:02 AM

I hate to go shopping when there are so many people there doing their shopping for next year or to add to their stuff. I just wish Gas was on sale so I'd probably do a little more running to the fabric and other stores. Live out of town and hate to put 30 or 40 miles to my regular runs. But my sister gets some great stuff...I'm up early enough but hat the crowd.

BMP 12-26-2011 07:05 AM

NO, NO, and NO there is not a chance that I would go to the stores now until after the Christmas clutter is gone and the new spring things start to come out !!