Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone Had a RUDE Hancock Store Manager? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-had-rude-hancock-store-manager-t33095.html)

mbmquilts 01-05-2010 05:39 AM

That is why I do not ever shop at Hancock Fabric Stores. My daughter and I were treated just as poorly and to be honest we do not need that type of behavior when I am spending my money.

QuiltingGrannie 01-05-2010 05:52 AM

And retailers wonder why more and more people shop the internet. They don't realize how important it is to be helpful and put customer service first. What ever happened to the 'good ole' days'? My LQS is the rude one. Maybe rude isn't the right word, but I will go 10 miles out of my way to shop elsewhere because each time I've been in the LQS they treat me like nothing. I guess I don't look like one of their regular quilters. I don't attend any classes, nor am a member of a local guild due to work schedule. They act like a clique. I will try again this summer and hope for it to be better. (Have enough fabric til then).

BellaBoo 01-05-2010 05:59 AM

Each Hancock's Fabric store owner hires the store manager. And all the owner's I met only cared that they had someone that showed up to work. Hancock's Corporate office does not interfere with the owner's choice of employees only that the stock is ordered and paid for. All the Hancock's but one in my area closed and I really think it was because of stupidity on Hancock's part not caring about customers.

Eddie 01-05-2010 06:00 AM

Visiting my local Hancock's is about on par with visiting a McDonald's. It's certainly not an experience that draws you back to the store, which is what they should be aiming for.

mamapeggy11 01-05-2010 07:18 AM

This remines me - years ago when I was sewing for my girls I was visiting my in-laws and I went to a fabric store where they had some calicos I wanted on sell. I picked out ONLY 10- the lady gripped about having to cut 1/4 yards and kept saying stuff like how hard I was making her job. Other ladies were staring at her.. I was steaming - and thinking WHAT?? so I thought i'll fix her wagon. I was coming back the next day bez i had seen fabric for school clothes BUT I was in a hurry - i marched over and got 10 bolts-got each cut different lengths, changing my mind as she UNFOLDED each hahhaaa - when she finished and I was turning to walk away - I said next time treat your customers better...and by the way I KNOW your boss - hope you like your next job better ! ! Good day

Lyn 01-05-2010 07:32 AM

I had a similar problem at Joanne's. The cashier yelled at me until another customer came up and then he was all sweetness but by then I was p....d. What happened to customer service? On the east coast of NH we don't have many fabric shops so we are stuck with what we get unless we buy on line and then you pay for the cost of shipping. Sewing and quilting are my vices so I can't give them up. :)

Miss Mona 01-05-2010 07:37 AM

One bad letter written about the store needs 10 good letters to get the manager out of trouble. The manager or even a clerk in trouble means that everyone gets into trouble, no matter who caused the problem.

I worked at Hancock Fabrics for 6 years. It was one of the stores that closed because it did not keep the profit margin up, and the clerks worked less and less hours, which caused the customers to be unhappy and to write letters about not getting waited on.

The number of hours the clerks work is based on sales. The manager is salary and has to work a minimum of 40 hours. Most managers work longer hours. The less sales, the less help. If your Hancock store is truly that bad less customers will come in and it will probably be one that is cited for closure.

Sometimes you get bad service. If the store gives more bad service that good maybe it should be closed.

Katie 01-05-2010 07:43 AM

I am so sorry for your experience, unfortunately this seems to be par for Hancock stores. The way they act you would think you were taking money out of their pockets.

cjc 01-05-2010 08:02 AM

Hancock's doesn't have a place online to make a complaint about a particular store. I tried to do that with my local store. After I finally got a reply and sent my complaint, I didn't get any response at all. Now we all know why they went bankrupt and had to restructure. I am stuck with mine as we have no other fabric store in town, Walmart quit selling fabric a couple years ago. So I save the Hancocks store for when I have to something right now and have no place else to go.

bob1414 01-05-2010 08:11 AM

I believe in "you get what you pay for". This is only my opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree, but I feel that the stores that sell the higher quality merchandise have better staffed stores. It seems that way to me. I want shopping to be enjoyable and I will pay a little more to end up with better quality merchandise and a better shopping experience. I realize that everyone cannot do this and right now my finances don't allow me to shop AT ALL, but I'll just go without right now instead of lowering my standards. Take notice of how staff treats you in a local quilt shop - hopefully you are treated better!!