Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone made a purple quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-made-purple-quilt-t43916.html)

Dena 04-27-2010 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made my sister a red hat quilt. It used up a lot of purples.

Red Hat quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13972[/ATTACH]

peppermint31 04-27-2010 02:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
this is my first full size quilt that I made many years ago. Pattern is "Tennessee Waltz"

gramofmany 04-27-2010 03:14 PM

I made a purple rail fence quilt and it turned out pretty nice. Four shades of purple and lilac. I would send picture but quilt is being quilted at shop.

wildyard 04-27-2010 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by okiequilter
I made a "4 Patch Stack Posie" quilt, the fabric is black background with purple flowers. It is made in a stack and whack method but only takes 4 repeats and you use the same fabric for the blocks and border. The only other fabric you need is sashing. It makes a striking quilt. I have a small quilt shop and I vend at quilt shows and when I display it at a show it gets lots of WOW's. It's a fun quilt to make too, anticipating what each block will look like.
Nancy

Is there a tutorial or download for this technique?

wildyard 04-27-2010 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
I'm in the process of making a purple tube quilt. Just need to quilt it, bind it and it will be done.

I'm looking for a tutorial or pattern for a tube quilt. Any suggestions?

FranW 04-27-2010 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was made for my step-daughter to donate to hers Curves class for a raffle.

Purple Monster
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14499[/ATTACH]

Barb130 04-27-2010 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Dina
I want to make a purple quilt. I have a great deal of trouble visualizing what a quilt might end up looking like. I am a beginning quilter, but I have already got lots of purple in my stash, and my next quilt will be shades of purple, one way or another.

Has anyone made a Yellow Brick Road in different shades of purple? Does anyone has a pattern they used and liked in purple? I am all ears.

The second quilt I ever made was a Rail Fence pattern in purples. It was very easy to make.

Rail Fence
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14722[/ATTACH]

AliKat 04-27-2010 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dina
I want to make a purple quilt. I have a great deal of trouble visualizing what a quilt might end up looking like. I am a beginning quilter, but I have already got lots of purple in my stash, and my next quilt will be shades of purple, one way or another.

Has anyone made a Yellow Brick Road in different shades of purple? Does anyone has a pattern they used and liked in purple? I am all ears.

I made a purple and red quilt for a Red Lady friend.

It was beautiful. I used the Winding Ways pattern.

Nimble Thimble 04-27-2010 04:57 PM

I have Dear one and it was the Log Cabin By Eleanor Burns. Made six of them and gave them away to my Quilt Friends. Also made a double Irish Chain and a Rail Fence. I just lov e Purple too. 2 - 18 inch high plastic tubs full you;ll have a beautiful quilt whatever pattern you choose. Nimble Thimble

Judith 04-27-2010 06:33 PM

I made a bargello with shades of purple and blue in it. Worked out very well.