Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone made a purple quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-made-purple-quilt-t43916.html)

BarbaraA 04-27-2010 06:41 PM

I love purple. I want to make a purple and yellow quilt some day....like a pansy......or viola........I love plum probably more than purple....but it is in the purple fam.......love it!!!

katmom54 04-27-2010 06:42 PM

I made a king sized Lone Star in purples and deep blues and it was gorgeous...was a present, but wish I had kept it for myself! The trick with purples is that you have to kind of choose which tones you want to use and stick them rather than just any purple colored fabric.

BarbaraA 04-27-2010 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by FranW
This was made for my step-daughter to donate to hers Curves class for a raffle.

beautiful!!!!!

BarbaraA 04-27-2010 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Donna P
This is a purple quilt made for my granddaughter's birthday she is 7 and loved it. She's partial to purples.

pretty!!!

BarbaraA 04-27-2010 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by merryhare

Originally Posted by Dina
I want to make a purple quilt. I have a great deal of trouble visualizing what a quilt might end up looking like. I am a beginning quilter, but I have already got lots of purple in my stash, and my next quilt will be shades of purple, one way or another.

Has anyone made a Yellow Brick Road in different shades of purple? Does anyone has a pattern they used and liked in purple? I am all ears.

Hey, any pattern works in purple! I am not a purple fan until it comes to quilts. My DM and I love making purple quilts.

love the hearts....and its lavender/purple

BarbaraA 04-27-2010 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
Here is another that I made for my sister a few years ago.

beautiful!

flybreit 04-27-2010 07:01 PM

I've made two primarily purple quilts - loved them both. Both were for friends whose favorite colors are purple - I would never have thought of making a purple quilt but they were very pretty. Go for it!

Dina 04-27-2010 07:09 PM

I seem to have two different purples in my purple stash. One is a pinkish purple and the other is a blueish purple...and shades of each. I suspect there is going to be more than one purple quilt in my future. I just love how many directions quilts can go. I keep reminding myself I don't have to rush. I have the rest of my life to make purple quilts, and enough ideas to last a long time. :)

Henriellen Kibler 04-27-2010 07:35 PM

I like that red hat quilt. Obviously that is not your first quilt. Did you applique the red hats or were they printed on the fabric??
It is a beautiful quilt.
Henri

caspoohbear 04-27-2010 07:36 PM

We made an awesome one for Relay for Life a few years ago, with friendship stars in dark and light purples on white/white background. I am trying to find the pic. The trick with purple is finding enough different fabrics in the same purple family. We'd find one we loved, but it was on the pink end when the rest were blue tones, etc.