Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone own this machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-own-machine-t76645.html)

renee765 11-16-2010 06:30 AM

I have that machine and love it. The only problem I had was the timing belt slipping after FMQing a large quilt. A local repair shop fixed it for free because it was less than a year old so still under warranty. I did not buy the machine at this shop but they were great anyway.

azgal 11-16-2010 06:32 AM

This is a wonderful machine with lots of extras! You'll love the push button sewing option. I've yet to use the pedal. This was suppose to be a back-up machine for me, but I often use it. It's well worth the money, you won't regret it. I ordered mine from Amazon also.

sumcoop 11-16-2010 06:33 AM

I have this machine and 3 other brothers...It sews well and is light to take to classes if that is a need. I use it primarily for piecing when my others are tied up for other projects...but it was good enough to lead me to 3 other brothers. Hope this is a help.
I got mine at Walmart with the sewing table and walking foot.

Blackberry 11-16-2010 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by CindyinNY
Brother CS6000I

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JQM1DE/...SIN=B000JQM1DE

I've been reading about it on Amazon.com and also perusing the reviews. I am really impressed with it but after reading some reviews, I don't know.
I really need a better machine than I have now but can't afford a really expensive machine.

I purchased this machine in early October from Amazon for $147.54. I really enjoy quilting with it. I especially like all of the quilting accessories that came with the machine. So far, no problems. I love it, love it, love it.

greensleeves 11-16-2010 11:32 AM

My sister has this machine and paid $199 for it at Walmart. There is a newer model that works the same as this that is also within that price range. I would check out your local WM before I bought and paid shipping. Personally, I think you can find that machine for less.

lovingquilts4all 11-16-2010 08:57 PM

I have this machine and have used it a lot in classes and when I travel. It is light-weight and mine came with additional feet, the attachable table, and a cover. I have a more expensive machine that I use at home or when quilting as it has a bigger arm opening and is heavier, but the Brother has been terrific for piecing and quilting small items. I got mine through Amazon and have not been disappointed! The only problem I had was figuring out the automatic needle threader. When I took it to a dealer he said it was fine, just be sure to push the up/down needle button once and it will set the needle in the correct place to thread. (Who knew?) I would go for it!

sherneff44 11-17-2010 06:00 AM

I have had this machine for almost 3 years and use it almost every day. I am pleased with it.

Holly's Mom 11-17-2010 06:47 AM

I have this machine for 3 years. LOVE IT!! The only issue I have had is the needle threader. I just don't use it. Great for quilt bee or just quilting at home.

Georgia Peach 11-17-2010 07:45 AM

I have owned this machine for over 3 years and quilt on it 95% of the time. I take it to retreats or sew-in too. The only problem that I have had is the bobbin winder feature, but I use a bobbin buddy unit so I don't have to worry with it. It sews great and it will sew thru 4 to six layers fairly good. I use my quarter foot on the machine and have to change to Option "01" each time I start, or I break a needle hitting the quarter foot. I bought my unit at Walmart for under $150 with all the attachments, extension bed and cover for machine.

oldlady 77 11-17-2010 08:04 AM

That is my go to class and charity quilting. I am so happy I have it. I bought it after loving my Brother 1500s that I use on a New Joy frame to quilt and it does a terrific job of piecing too. Both are great machines.