Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/applique-club-do-you-like-applique-lets-chit-chat-here-t64769.html)

Greeter Eva 10-31-2010 09:23 AM

Love your baby quilt.Ukdame. The colors are so lovely.
I do a lot of appliqueing too. Right now am working on 2 Christmas Tree skirts for my kids.
Greeter Eva

craftiladi 10-31-2010 10:12 AM

Oh your grandsons airplane quilt turned out so cute. Way back when I very first started sewing thats exactly how I used to applique, of course I didn't realize it was applique I just did it. Now as I read & read all the applique ways it seems more complicating...lol Thats being said I did pick up a Cloves mini iron yesterday and can't wait to play with it.
Again very cute.

DebJ 10-31-2010 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
BonniFeltz, hope you have a fun time with it, I sure am. I think I am already getting addicted, staying with the easier blocks at first, my needling turning seems to be coming easier already. I am enjoying it, so I'll keep doing it. I can only get better, right.

This is what I am going to try to do. Wish me luck.

Hey, you beat me to it. That is a project I have partly cut out but haven't starting stitching yet. Any "pointers" you want to pass along! Looks Great! :thumbup:

ukdame 10-31-2010 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Oh your grandsons airplane quilt turned out so cute. Way back when I very first started sewing thats exactly how I used to applique, of course I didn't realize it was applique I just did it. Now as I read & read all the applique ways it seems more complicating...lol Thats being said I did pick up a Cloves mini iron yesterday and can't wait to play with it.
Again very cute.

I used my Clover mini iron for the first time w/this quilt and found that it got very hot and worked well. Just be careful how it is secured because I got a burn when I grabbed it before it fell off the ironing board.

Aussie Quilter 10-31-2010 10:25 PM

I've been with you since the first week, but because of health issues I haven't managed to catch up until today. Because I have 4 BOM's on the go - one a reverse applique Celtic of which I have done 11 of the 12 side blocks, and also have the centre 36" x 34" block to do - I won't join in the hearts project.

One of the BOM's I'm having a problem with. It is http://www.honeybeefabrics.com/store...duct=SpringBOM If you scroll down to the second block which is the Dahlia and have a look at the leaves, you will see why I'm in trouble.

Curves on ordinary leaves I don't have a problem with, but these notched ones are giving me nightmares. I've undone one of them so many times that is is unusable unless I cut it down for another one. Is there an easy way to do them? Would backing them with a stabiliser and turning it inside out work?

misseva 11-01-2010 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Aussie Quilter
I've been with you since the first week, but because of health issues I haven't managed to catch up until today. Because I have 4 BOM's on the go - one a reverse applique Celtic of which I have done 11 of the 12 side blocks, and also have the centre 36" x 34" block to do - I won't join in the hearts project.

One of the BOM's I'm having a problem with. It is http://www.honeybeefabrics.com/store...duct=SpringBOM If you scroll down to the second block which is the Dahlia and have a look at the leaves, you will see why I'm in trouble.

Curves on ordinary leaves I don't have a problem with, but these notched ones are giving me nightmares. I've undone one of them so many times that is is unusable unless I cut it down for another one. Is there an easy way to do them? Would backing them with a stabiliser and turning it inside out work?

oooooh i hope someone can give us an answer b/c i have one coming up with leaves like that.

JudyG 11-01-2010 06:50 AM

I tried to do some leaves like that too and had a horrible time. Hopefully Suz or someone else can give us tips for how to do these well,.

BonniFeltz 11-01-2010 06:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm still working on the 20 hearts (about half way to 3/4 done) but saw this candle mat and had to quickly do it. Well almost quickly do it. I fused it last night and now to try and perfect my button hole on it. Want to do tiny stitches this time about half as big as what I am doing with the hearts and closer together. I am thinking that it won't be a candle mat but perhaps a small wall hanging when finished.

Conniequilts 11-01-2010 10:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I was dragged kicking and screaming into applique. Here is the very first thing I tried. The dresden plate. The purple hearts is my project for following along with the "hearts project".

Unfortunately, the dresden is hard to see and I have no closeups.

BonniFeltz 11-01-2010 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
I was dragged kicking and screaming into applique. Here is the very first thing I tried. The dresden plate. The purple hearts is my project for following along with the "hearts project".

Unfortunately, the dresden is hard to see and I have no closeups.

Yep yep yep. I'll take blame for it. Actually it could be Suz fault. (grins). I was working on the heart project in front of Connie. Those little circles in the middle of the hearts are her pins. I think this will look terrific when it is done.