Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/applique-club-do-you-like-applique-lets-chit-chat-here-t64769.html)

craftiladi 11-11-2010 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by craftiladi
KKrazy...after looking at your nicely done first piece of applique, I don't have anymore excuses. I had chosen a flower pattern to applique and then all week I kept telling myself it was to much for a beginner so I have been putting off even starting to applique it, but after looking at yours I am thinking differently. Yours came out so nice. I do think I made a mistake by not leaving enough to turn under around the edges though.

Ok because I am working on christmas gifts I am behind on my applique project, but last night I finally finished cutting it out and got it glued down to the back ground fabric.

BonniFeltz 11-13-2010 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
WOW, I didn't get any notifications of all those great posts so am behind. I stopped by to say....does this pattern look familiar?

I was going through some old books and found this so had to snap it with the cell phone camera (hence the gritty and bad pix). See? those of us who were doing Suz' heart wall hanging have a heads up on Valentine's Day. :lol: It's from a 1990 book from Rodale Press.

BonniFeltz 11-13-2010 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now for another project. This is hard to see (my apartment does NOT have good lighting) but it might give you a little bit of an idea.

I'm working on a medieval (SCA) themed quilt for a friend and this is for his birthday. Using the fabric and colors he picked out for the quilt. My friend Connie made the pillow case for me (she's made them before and I hadn't and didn't have extra fabric if I goofed---thanks Connie) and now I am appliqueing on his initials.

The green is a mottled green and the white has pigma pen (which didn't turn out well in the pix) to show the petals. I'm not sure yet if I'll take black thread to stitch over the pigma pen markings.

I have to remind myself to only work a little bit at a time on it so I don't get tired and mess it up. :lol:

abonda 11-13-2010 01:56 PM

Very pretty Bonnifelt

MadQuilter 11-13-2010 02:20 PM

I just took a Hawaiian Applique class with Jean Brown today. Looks like I need lots of time and lots of patience. Whoohoo! Not quite ready for the club yet - but I did a pretty mean point today!

luvspaper 11-13-2010 06:34 PM

I am working on a flower/pot pattern that I took from fatcatpatterns and made easier. I am finished with that and am now working on the borders....

I used sewing bias for the stems on the flower pot, but made my own bias for the borders and am finding I like my own better than the premade stuff.

I can't wait to get the borders onto the inside. I will post a picture when I do.

BonniFeltz 11-13-2010 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I just took a Hawaiian Applique class with Jean Brown today. Looks like I need lots of time and lots of patience. Whoohoo! Not quite ready for the club yet - but I did a pretty mean point today!

That sounds like fun. When do we get to see some pictures? Points are always a pain but doable.

craftiladi 11-14-2010 06:39 AM

Bonni that came out very nice.

MadQuilter 11-14-2010 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
When do we get to see some pictures? Points are always a pain but doable.

That might be a while. I am still finishing my homework in the quilting classes that I have on Thursdays and I have a stack of UFOs staring me in the face from the sewing table.

I am also in need of a lap board so I can work more comfortably on the applique. I posted a question about lap boards in the main section. Do any of you applique-ers use one by chance??????

BonniFeltz 11-14-2010 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
When do we get to see some pictures? Points are always a pain but doable.

That might be a while. I am still finishing my homework in the quilting classes that I have on Thursdays and I have a stack of UFOs staring me in the face from the sewing table.

I am also in need of a lap board so I can work more comfortably on the applique. I posted a question about lap boards in the main section. Do any of you applique-ers use one by chance??????

I'm afraid that I've never used one. I always hold my applique stuff in my hand but with the gluing that i did on the vines, I could see where a board would be helpful. I used my computer table for it.