Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Awful mistake--almost (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/awful-mistake-almost-t219675.html)

OHSue 04-21-2013 05:31 PM

I am always amazed at the things that seem to slip by me, and then stick out like a sore thumb. I am always doing that sort of thing.

Dina 04-21-2013 07:07 PM

Wow, that was close. Glad you caught it!

Dina

Lori S 04-21-2013 07:14 PM

Glad you caught it . I realized on one quilt after it came back from the Long Arm pro , I had one block in the wrong way. I like the suggestion posted earlier to take a photo. If I had I would have caught it.

Teddybear Lady 04-21-2013 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 6017621)
It happens more than we like it to! I have found that if I take a picture of my quilt top when I am finished with it, I am able to spot any wayward blocks. I download the picture to my computer so I can view it on a larger screen. Saved my butt more than once!!!

I use this method too when trying to decide on what colors to use. For some reason, looking at them on a screen seems to help me. Glad you noticed it in time on your quilt.

DOTTYMO 04-21-2013 10:48 PM

Someone I know did this but also quilted. The quilt is called," the drunken quilt"

fien777 04-22-2013 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady (Post 6017932)
I use this method too when trying to decide on what colors to use. For some reason, looking at them on a screen seems to help me. Glad you noticed it in time on your quilt.

yep, works for me to that way!!!
and by my answer you can tell it happened to me to:D

Normabeth 04-22-2013 06:09 AM

Wow, you got lucky. I made the mystery quilt my guild was going to have in our annual show. About 35-40 members made this mystery quilt and they all looked different and all were beautiful. At the end of the show, I was sitting with my sisters waiting for the doors to close so I could take down my quilts. All of a sudden, I am looking at my mystery quilt and notice that the last border on one side is sewed on upsides down. Once I pointed this out to my sister, they told me no one would every notice this as these quilts were very colorful. Now, myself and many other quilters in the guild looked at my quilt when I finished it, my long arm quilter never notice this either. It took a tired me looking at my quilt from a distance to see this. Glad it wasn't at the beginning of the show that I saw this, I would of made some excuse to try to take it down. NormaBeth:(

OzarksGma 04-22-2013 02:13 PM

I got a block in sideways and the longarmer I had taken it to caught it and called me and asked if I wanted to correct it before she quilted it, I made a mad dash quickly and picked it up, fixed it and took it back to her the next day so I would n't lose my place in line. So glad she called and didn't just go ahead and quilt it.

hperttula123 04-22-2013 02:49 PM

glad you caught it. I always get so excited to quilt that I don't pay attention and just quilt away...lol. I usually find them after I'm done and take a picture of it and notice it in the picture.

twinkie 04-23-2013 03:04 AM

I think that has happened to all of us from time to time.