Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   background fabric to 1930`s prints advice needed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/background-fabric-1930%60s-prints-advice-needed-t41980.html)

Ditter43 04-07-2010 02:47 PM

I have some thirties prints I would be happy to swap for other fabrics...

Ditter

Chigger Holler Quilter 04-07-2010 02:53 PM

I like the "thirties" green myself. I love the retro fabrics and I think if someone does a retro FQ or other swap I'd love it! Anyone up to checking with Partrice...can't wait to see that new lap quilt (be sure to post pictures as you go!) I'm working on a retro spider web. Just a few more blocks to go and I can start putting it together. One of those UFOs that are so endearing!

quilter girl 04-07-2010 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used yellow - think it was used alot in the 30's for background fabric.

nlgh 04-07-2010 08:17 PM

Keepsake Quilting has lots of '30's prints and solids. I think they ship overseas, too. Google Keepsake Quilting and you should find it easily.

granny_59 04-07-2010 10:27 PM

Good morning

I was dreaming of fabric..................the yellow quilt is so beautiful! I have to work (for money) a little bit today and then I will start ordering fabric! As I am a neebie there is no stash and I doubht that anybody would like to swap with me anyway considering the shipping costs!?
But the fabric is so much more expensive over here that ordering is still a very good deal.

Happy quilting
Granny

granny_59 04-07-2010 10:50 PM

Just couldnt help it and checked keepsake quilting. They only sell packs, no yardage? (Have to hit the shower)

Granny

buddy'smom 04-07-2010 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80

Originally Posted by granny_59
oh Rachel

that quilt is so beautiful!! Where did you buy the prints?

Granny

I bought them off eBay, but this was about a year and a half ago. I cut the squares and then ended up putting it all away for a year. This past winter I got them all back out and put together the pinwheels. When I started looking around for border fabric I found that eBay had hardly any 30's prints listed and I couldn't find many on other online sites. I ended up just using the white. I would like to buy some more 30's prints to have for another quilt in the future, but I haven't found any online sites that carry a very big selection. I did find a quilt shop when I was out of town that had a lot, but I didn't buy any on that trip. I bought a whole bunch of Civil War prints instead. :) Maybe next time I'm down that way.

When you get your 30's quilt done be sure and post pictures!

There's a quilt shop called thepatchworkco. that has over 100 30's prints and they do online shopping now, all there fabric is 8.75 a YD. and there fabric is just stunning, I shop there alot now, I would say they have more like close to 200 bolts of 30's prints. They also have as many civil war prints!!

Rachelcb80 04-08-2010 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
There's a quilt shop called thepatchworkco. that has over 100 30's prints and they do online shopping now, all there fabric is 8.75 a YD. and there fabric is just stunning, I shop there alot now, I would say they have more like close to 200 bolts of 30's prints. They also have as many civil war prints!!

Heart be still!!! That is hands down the best site I have seen so far for reproduction prints, both 30's and Civil War. I can see me making an order today for sure. My husband probably won't love that I've found this site! :)

Do you live near that store? If so, lucky, LUCKY you!!

watterstide 04-08-2010 04:27 AM

WOW WOW! here is the 30's prints!
http://thepatchworkco.com/cgi-bin/fa...v=1&startwith=

buddy'smom 04-08-2010 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80

Originally Posted by buddy'smom

Heart be still!!! That is hands down the best site I have seen so far for reproduction prints, both 30's and Civil War. I can see me making an order today for sure. My husband probably won't love that I've found this site! :)

Do you live near that store? If so, lucky, LUCKY you!!

I'm about 45 minutes away, I just love the shop and so worth the trip. When she says she's getting new fabric's that's just what they do, they just received 54 new bolts of 30's as well as civil was & others. I didn't even see this many in Keepsake quilting??? Alot of shops around here don't even carry 30's or civil wars. Hope everyone enjoys!! I know I do.