Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bargaining Power (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bargaining-power-t57244.html)

charismah 08-01-2010 07:59 AM

This is so funny. My Dh woudl never say anything about my fabric load or how much I spend...but reently I have heard a few comments like "Are you ever going to get a paycheck?".( I work part-time at LQS)..."Hmmmmm....is that fabric I see in the back of the car?".....is that what eats your paycheck?....LOL. He is good natured about it...but it gives him something to tease me about.

Suzan Larrimore 08-01-2010 08:22 AM

I quit smoking almost 3 years ago when the price was @$3.85 a pack. I bought two at a time, and I bought packs not cartons. Each day I went to the store and spent more than $10.00. So If you do the math I was spending at least $3,600. a year. DH never complains about what I spend on quilting. Even at my worst, I don't spend as much on quilting as I did on smoking. I don't think he's thought of this, but if he complains I certainly will this to attention. ;P

cjomomma 08-01-2010 01:31 PM

I can't do this with DH because he never spends money. He says I buy all that he needs so he doesn't need any more for himself. He doesn't complain when the house is a mess, he says if he don't like it he will clean himself. I'm still waiting for that to happen. I'm the one that can't take the mess. My DH is spoiled

oatw13 08-01-2010 01:45 PM

You go girl! lol
You got him!

littlehud 08-02-2010 01:49 PM

Good job.

Fiber Artist 08-02-2010 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by deedum
My dH never says anything about what I spend on this hobby, but I know he got to think it!!! He did make a comment though when he walked through my sewing room a few weeks ago. He said "Well one thing about it, you can't get much more in this room". Sounded like a challenge to me!

Your right about the beer thing!

Iv'e heard that one also.I don't let him in my fabric room.

Pat and pups 08-02-2010 04:02 PM

I'm so glad I don't have a DH.

TanyaMas 08-02-2010 04:12 PM

I went with my DH to game stop last month and watched him pay $70 for a game without saying a word.
On the way to the car, he looked at me and asked "Arent you going to say something about me spending 70 on a game?"
I just smiled and said "Nope, and neither will you when you notice i spent 150 on fabric".

:D
worked for me, he didnt say a word :D

ksea 08-02-2010 05:20 PM

I am very lucky, my DH never says a word about taking me on shop hops or buying fabric. He has thousands of dollars in tools in the garage and I wouldn't dream of saying anything about the amount of money spent to him. I have even bought tools for him. He never says anything about the house, the meals or laundry, because he knows that he has a choice 1) wait for me to do it, 2)call my sister who is my cleaning lady, 3) do it himself.

deedum 08-02-2010 06:39 PM

My dh is the best! Never says anything about my spending, he doesn't spend much at all, ever! I have to admit I have been spending quite a bit on fabric lately!I need to slow down,I think!