Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is basting quilt spray (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/basting-quilt-spray-t102526.html)

rahaube 02-26-2011 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
Yes, you do have to shake the June Tailor one til your arm is tired - a full two minutes!

I basted six quilts in two days a couple weeks back and even though I was very careful about aiming the spray, I have a mist on virtually everything in my living room, including my glasses, which were sitting on a shelf two feet above and five feet away from my basting table. That's not so funny, and I will never use it in my house, again - only in the garage.

But, it is SUCH an easy way to baste - I wouldn't give it up! And that price is really great - I think I paid $11.49 each for the last two cans I bought.

I use a plastic painter's drop cloth to protect from unwanted overspray. It works great.

H R Peoples 02-26-2011 08:35 AM

Unlurking. Have used 505. Think someone on this board said to try Aquanet, so got some unscented to try. The board member said the main ingredients were the same. Will let you know----after the new floors are installed in our house next week. This is moving your entire house while staying in place. And they still want to eat (a lot), have clean clothes, etc., etc.
Pray for strength and peace for me. Love you all

susie-susie-susie 02-26-2011 10:37 AM

I read here on the QB that the June Taylor spray seems to gum up your needle more that the others. Maybe you just need to be real careful not to use too much.
Sue

polly13 02-26-2011 11:37 AM

I believe the need for ventilation is not because of the odor, but because of the compressed spray on starch. I have asthma and dr. always tells me to be sure to use all spray cans in ventilated areas.

dorismae904 02-26-2011 11:59 AM

I use the June Tailor basting spray all the time and it works really well. You may be using too much spray. I must have had the can of spray for 18 months before I got the nerve to use it and haven't looked back since. BTW usually buy it at Walmart--haven't checked lately to see if they still have it in stock. I'm fortunate enough to live close enough to one that still has a fabric section albeit smaller than before remodeling.

MommaDorian 02-26-2011 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by H R Peoples
Unlurking. Have used 505. Think someone on this board said to try Aquanet, so got some unscented to try. The board member said the main ingredients were the same. Will let you know----after the new floors are installed in our house next week. This is moving your entire house while staying in place. And they still want to eat (a lot), have clean clothes, etc., etc.
Pray for strength and peace for me. Love you all

I'm really curious about using hairspray. Let us know how it works!

Raggedy Anne 02-26-2011 02:44 PM

I love it!!!! What would I do without it?