Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bendable Light for Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bendable-light-sewing-machine-t121061.html)

toodie11 05-08-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I've been wondering about these myself. I have a computerized machine, so anything with a magnet to go on my machine scares the hey out of me. Would like to know if it has been a problem for anyone?

No magnets. It has little plastic hooks that go on the back of the machine to hold the cord in place. Also a sticky tab where the light attach's to the top/front of the machine. If you have more than one machine you can buy the sticky tab part separately.

I have one and love it and would like to find that additional tab did you see it somewhere?

amtnquilter 05-08-2011 06:05 PM

I too would like to know about the tab, the sticky to hold it on my sewing machine did not hold and used every one of the tiny sticky squares still after 2 days slid off of the top or side tried both places.

vschieve 05-09-2011 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by quilter41
Don't buy the one at Joann's that is on the Notion Wall for $15.99. Even with coupon not worth a darn.

THANKS for the warning!

Floralfab 05-09-2011 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by quilter41
Don't buy the one at Joann's that is on the Notion Wall for $15.99. Even with coupon not worth a darn.

Thanks for the info. I just ordered one from quilters warehouse and an extra sticky tab for my other machine. The light is 24.99. I did check on line at Walmart and their price is $45.00 for this light.

amtnquilter 05-09-2011 02:57 PM

Just bought the Command strips hope these hold that tiny light on!
No Joanns sad to say anywhere near me so won't look at that light!
KK

GwenH 05-09-2011 03:02 PM

Yea, I had trouble with some of my little sticky holders too. Still have a couple of them hanging on one of my machines. I do love the light though!! It's great for taking to guild or sewing places that don't have very good lighting!

ns 05-10-2011 04:22 AM

A friend of mine who is also a quilter, bought the light and she loves it. It attaches right to the machine by the needle. I have not got one yet, but may.

vschieve 05-10-2011 07:25 AM

So what is the cureall for making it stay if the strips don't hold? Command Strips were mentioned; are they sold separately elsewhere? Not familiar with them so what are they initially used for? I want the light but don't want to order until I know all details.
Thanks!

amtnquilter 05-11-2011 12:35 PM

I agree, I do find after putting the Command sticky things on that if when I am thru for the day if I take the stress off by winding the stretch wire thingy on the top of the machine. It rests there and does not hang as when it is on and being used.. Does that make any sense????

JUNEC 05-11-2011 12:39 PM

I love my Ott Light - goose neck works great