Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Best place to buy quilting notions (online or not) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/best-place-buy-quilting-notions-online-not-t148195.html)

sewlisa 08-27-2011 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by SuziC
I use my coupons from Joann's too or sometimes Walmart.

Today is the last day to use a couple of my 40% off coupons for Joanns, so DD and I are headed there this morning. Guess what I'll be using them for. :-D

Mitch's mom 08-27-2011 05:26 AM

I second Jhittles Wholesale Sewing Supplies. Best prices and shipping is really reasonable. Make sure you know what you are buying because they charge a restocking fee.

Dolphyngyrl 08-27-2011 05:38 AM

Joann's with coupons or some online sites will have sales or give free shipping with a minimum purchase of 35-50 dollars like connectingthreads.com or fabric.com or joanns.com, you just kind of have to shop around and see where it would be cheaper

Dolphyngyrl 08-27-2011 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by sewlisa

Originally Posted by Phannie1
I know I get coupons from Michael's crafts and Joann's fabric to help with my cost of supplies.

I didn't know that Michaels has quilting supplies. I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

Micheals doesn't really just a few sewing supplies like scissors rotary cutters pins and needle, a few rulers, but they are very limited, more of a selection at joanns

sewlisa 08-27-2011 05:46 AM

Anyone know anything about www.createforless.com ? Are their prices worth it? How do they compare?

meemersmom 08-27-2011 05:53 AM

I've seen a lot lately about where to get the best prices for quilting fabric, but nothing about where to find the best prices on quilting notions (such as needles, rulers, marking pens, etc). I am teaching a homeschooler hand quilting class and I need to get supplies inexpensively. TIA!

Definitely Joann's with coupons and Walmart. It won't help you now, but I do know that for the last several years, Joann's has had all notions 50% off, plus an extra 20% off entire purchase the day after Thanksgiving. That is the only Black Friday shopping I do, and I get enough to hold me over for the year. It saves me a ton of money.

SewExtremeSeams 08-27-2011 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by SuziC
I use my coupons from Joann's too or sometimes Walmart.

Today is the last day to use a couple of my 40% off coupons for Joanns, so DD and I are headed there this morning. Guess what I'll be using them for. :-D

:lol: Thanks for the reminder! I almost forgot. :D

Rose Marie 08-27-2011 06:44 AM

Joanns raises prices to compensate for coupons.
One ruler I found at the local quilt shop for 11.50 not on sale and Joanns wanted 15 dollars for it. It was cheaper with a coupon but the shop also had a coupon so the shop was cheaper.

snipforfun 08-27-2011 06:47 AM

I buy most of my notions at Joanns. However, there are some notions that are limited to sell only in quilt stores. Then I have to bite the bullet and pay full price or wait for one of their infrequent sales!

greenini 08-27-2011 10:10 AM

the Hancock chain also has 40 or 50% off sales on notions and they will honor Joann's coupons too actually I think all competitors