Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   blizzard warning for tomorrow... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/blizzard-warning-tomorrow-t209259.html)

117becca 12-25-2012 07:11 PM

blizzard warning for tomorrow...

So which quilting project shall I finish first????

Actually, it's marking this one quilt that I've been working on. Then I hope to finish the back so that I can baste it on Thurs...

Now, where's the shovel and where's the salt for the steps????:eek:

auntpiggylpn 12-25-2012 07:31 PM

I have to work in the morning but just until 12:30pm. I feel so "quilted" out right now so I am not starting or finishing any other projects at this point. I am going to work on getting my room cleaned and re-organized. (Oh, why don't I just put things away when I am done with them. . . .) This will keep me occupied for a few days.

Pam B 12-25-2012 07:38 PM

We have a blizzard warning, as well. My daughter is home with us (vacation time from work) and we are going to watch movies and play around with my brand-new Viking Ruby!

117becca 12-25-2012 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5740633)
......... (Oh, why don't I just put things away when I am done with them. . . .)

I haven't figured out how to do that either!!!

sewplease 12-25-2012 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pam B (Post 5740642)
We have a blizzard warning, as well. My daughter is home with us (vacation time from work) and we are going to watch movies and play around with my brand-new Viking Ruby!

Ooooohhhh, that sounds like fun!

Jan in VA 12-25-2012 09:22 PM

Lands, I hated to return home after potluck dinner with family this late afternoon. My little cramped and 'cozy' cottage living room - which is my sewing room - looks like a bomb went off in here, very messily, too. Even the kitchen is a wreck. Two loads of laundry-to-be-done is piled up on the floor in my bedroom, the sheets need changing, and the trash needs to be taken to the dump. I came home and crawled into bed for a nap so I could keep from looking at it all.

The past 3 weeks have been so busy with last minute finishes and stressful with a family emergency, that I have hardly had time or energy to think, much less take care of things. I'm feeling like I need a long sabbatical from quilting for a while. Fortunately I *have* to get things really cleaned up because my Dd is coming to visit on the 15th, first time seeing me in the cottage. And when she is gone I can relax my housekeeping a bit since 99% of the time it's just me here. I LOVE being retired! (And tired, I guess!)

Jan in VA

wanda lou 12-25-2012 10:03 PM

We have a blizzard warning too... looks like a few days of sewing and quilting. I hope we don't lose our electric.

LyndaOH 12-25-2012 10:05 PM

I'm so looking forward to the snow so I can sit and admire it from the warmth of my quilt studio! Enjoy!

francie yuhas 12-25-2012 10:55 PM

We got 15 inches of snow today,more on the way. The kids are coming home tomorrow with the G'kids to play in the snow. We have a great sledding hill,gotta drag out the hot chocolate and the cookies.

DOTTYMO 12-25-2012 10:56 PM

Jan after you have finished your cottage care to do mine? I'm at the foothills of the Pennines in UK. Living on your own has many advantages when it comes to quilting. I use my cottage as a gym. Cutting in dining room sewing living room ironing kitchen . Bedroom stash store. . Luckily I have no visitors.