Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: blizzard warning for tomorrow...

blizzard warning for tomorrow...

So which quilting project shall I finish first????

Actually, it's marking this one quilt that I've been working on. Then I hope to finish the back so that I can baste it on Thurs...

Now, where's the shovel and where's the salt for the steps????
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Blog Entries
    I have to work in the morning but just until 12:30pm. I feel so "quilted" out right now so I am not starting or finishing any other projects at this point. I am going to work on getting my room cleaned and re-organized. (Oh, why don't I just put things away when I am done with them. . . .) This will keep me occupied for a few days.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

We have a blizzard warning, as well. My daughter is home with us (vacation time from work) and we are going to watch movies and play around with my brand-new Viking Ruby!

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    ......... (Oh, why don't I just put things away when I am done with them. . . .)
    I haven't figured out how to do that either!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam B View Post
    We have a blizzard warning, as well. My daughter is home with us (vacation time from work) and we are going to watch movies and play around with my brand-new Viking Ruby!
    Ooooohhhh, that sounds like fun!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Lands, I hated to return home after potluck dinner with family this late afternoon. My little cramped and 'cozy' cottage living room - which is my sewing room - looks like a bomb went off in here, very messily, too. Even the kitchen is a wreck. Two loads of laundry-to-be-done is piled up on the floor in my bedroom, the sheets need changing, and the trash needs to be taken to the dump. I came home and crawled into bed for a nap so I could keep from looking at it all.

The past 3 weeks have been so busy with last minute finishes and stressful with a family emergency, that I have hardly had time or energy to think, much less take care of things. I'm feeling like I need a long sabbatical from quilting for a while. Fortunately I *have* to get things really cleaned up because my Dd is coming to visit on the 15th, first time seeing me in the cottage. And when she is gone I can relax my housekeeping a bit since 99% of the time it's just me here. I LOVE being retired! (And tired, I guess!)

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

We have a blizzard warning too... looks like a few days of sewing and quilting. I hope we don't lose our electric.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

I'm so looking forward to the snow so I can sit and admire it from the warmth of my quilt studio! Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    We got 15 inches of snow today,more on the way. The kids are coming home tomorrow with the G'kids to play in the snow. We have a great sledding hill,gotta drag out the hot chocolate and the cookies.

Blog Entries
    Jan after you have finished your cottage care to do mine? I'm at the foothills of the Pennines in UK. Living on your own has many advantages when it comes to quilting. I use my cottage as a gym. Cutting in dining room sewing living room ironing kitchen . Bedroom stash store. . Luckily I have no visitors.
    Finished is better than a UFO

I would like to see pictures of everyone's sewing rooms after the Christmas frenzy. I ended up staying in the hospital with my husband over the holidays (pretty significant stroke -better and better every day but still looking at @ 4 more weeks here). I left several projects out and lots of stuff scattered around. I'll try to get a picture later. I did go get one of the strata table toppers I was working on...almost finished hand piecing one.

bj - i'm so sorry about your husband. Peace and comfort to you during the upcoming weeks.

I need to get out and pull the trash can from the street w/ the anticipation of the snow plow eventually coming thru. Jan in VA - m house is like that, too, as well as my sewing room (in my basement). I will start w/ picking up the laundry area of the basement so that I can do the laundry while I finish the other areas - after i mark my quilt,

This quilt is the "quilt of multiple attempts" It went thru at least 3 revisions during the making process and it has gone thru at least 3 revisions during the marking process - THANK GOODNESS for the frixion pen - when i don't like the design, just take the iron to it and start again!!

We're getting it here too! Woke up to freezing rain pelting my bedroom window this morning. Can't wait to get in my sewing room. Have been sewing for others for last three months, Now I can work on what I want to. Stay safe and warm today!

We have freezing rain and high winds, just looked out the window and snowis comeing down big time. The blizzard is on the way. Would love to be able to sew this week but we have our 8 year old grandson so no sewing for me. I probably do need the break and play with him. We only see him about three times a year so try to make it a great time for all of us.

Blog Entries

Blizzard warning

Quote Originally Posted by 117becca View Post
    I haven't figured out how to do that either!!!
    I always tell my hubby when you get done using something put it back where you got it and you will know where it is the next time you need it. LOL

Blog Entries
    Waiting for the snow to hit here also, depending on who you are listening to ..1 or2 inches or 4 to 8 inches...I like the snow but after working 12 hours I will not be looking forward to driving home in it..it takes almost a hour on a good day!

Snow here for tonight as well. We are due for 12" - 18". Not a huge amount but enough to keep us home where it is warm and cozy.

..... hummm .... maybe that Christmas quilt top that did not get quilted will be put on the frame!!!!
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

I think we're only supposed to get 1-3 inches but there is black ice underneath now. We got almost an inch of slushy stuff overnight. It was snowing big flakes but has tapered off now. I'm working on multiple projects today that are in various stages. My 6600 needs to go into the shop next weekend so I'm basically getting tops ready and then when the machine is fixed, I will hopefully finish them. For some reason, the thread keeps coming undone from the upper thread tension control and then makes a nasty mess. As for putting stuff away when you're done with it, why? You might need it again!
    Heather

I sew in my kitchen also. I am trying to get better about putting things away but it is sometime difficult to find a place to put them. I am going to clean out a cupboard and try to organize things so I don't have little piles sitting here and there all the time. My hubby has a lot of patience with me and my sewing.
    Lorraine

We have maybe 6 inches of snow on the ground and it is still snowing, but oh my the wind!! I was supposed to work this evening, but my boss said they would be ok if I can't make it in.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Had a winter mix yesterday, with a strong north wind, thankfully not as much as they had perdicted, was able to get to work today (blah), just about 10 min. extra length of driving. Hope you all have it lighter than perdicted and are stay safe.

Blog Entries
    Well, just looked out the window and boy is it coming down. I was planning on starting to load up the quilt frame and get busy on all my UFOs anyway, so as soon as I finish QB for the day, off to the sewing room. Everybody stay warm and be carefull if you have to go out!

Quote Originally Posted by 117becca View Post
    So which quilting project shall I finish first????

Actually, it's marking this one quilt that I've been working on. Then I hope to finish the back so that I can baste it on Thurs...

Now, where's the shovel and where's the salt for the steps????

It rained so much and the ground was fairly warm so the bunches of snow we got actually amount to little more than an inch or so. I got up at 4 AM to fix hubby's breakfast and lunchbox and the snow was coming down in huge flakes---------------but in an hour--------------very little accumulation.

I've got hand sewing to finish up------------then stating to pin pieces for a rag quilt.

No power problems, yet, but we have a generator for a bit of back up--------not whole house, but enough to get by if we need it.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
    We have maybe 6 inches of snow on the ground and it is still snowing, but oh my the wind!! I was supposed to work this evening, but my boss said they would be ok if I can't make it in.
    That wind is scary---------stay safe.
    We were threatened with high winds, but I've not seen any yet! *10:30 AM CST.*
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Darn, it looks like the weather man got it right. Central Indiana is getting slammed. Staying home today and we will see what tomorrow brings.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast