Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Blocks all done - OBW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/blocks-all-done-obw-t294572.html)

TheMerkleFamily 02-07-2018 07:20 AM

How fun! So many beautiful possibilities - so far, I vote for #15! Can't wait to see this finished. Very, very pretty!

Boston1954 02-07-2018 08:38 AM

Have you thought about separating them from each other so that they stand out against the background?

jclinganrey 02-07-2018 08:49 AM

Beautiful job!

Watson58 02-07-2018 11:12 AM

Love the last photo!

MarionsQuilts 02-07-2018 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 (Post 7998553)
Have you thought about separating them from each other so that they stand out against the background?

What do you mean? The background is white felt - my design board ...

Jingle 02-07-2018 02:57 PM

I like the layout in the second picture.

Ellen 1 02-07-2018 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts (Post 7998191)
By golly I think I have the layout! It's off kilter because I started in the top left and bottom right at the same time. I noticed that I had a lot of doubles, so I tried to mirror image them as much as possible

Thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588553[/ATTACH]

I sort of liked the first photo where you were just getting your blocks together and all the colors were pretty much together (with a little tweaking). :-). The photo with the dark (I’ll call black blocks) on the edges, I did not care for. It did not seem to have any continuity to it. The diagonal setting was better but too symmetrical. The last photo, with the black at the top and bottom corners, is my preference. I would like to see some more of the black and (just a few of the lighter gray blocks) mixed in from the bottom corner going up the right edge toward the top corner. Not exactally in the middle, but not on the edge. Make sense? Just wondering how that would look? Ellen

MarionsQuilts 02-08-2018 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I did another layout ... I think I like this one better! I'll probably put more dark blue blocks in the middle ...

but here's my first attempt at this layout

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588649[/ATTACH]

Ellen 1 02-08-2018 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts (Post 7999344)
So I did another layout ... I think I like this one better! I'll probably put more dark blue blocks in the middle ...

but here's my first attempt at this layout

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588649[/ATTACH]

Ohhh, I’m liking this. I would like the black blocks not to be exactally centered. It breaks the quilt in half. I like plan to add more of the dark blocks.

I like the bottom 1/3 of the quilt. Then when you add more dark blocks if you go to the right and fill in some more around the medium section and then go up toward the right. The top 1/3 of the dark is too straight and centered, again, cutting the quilt in half. I do like the little touch of dark in the top corne. I hope I am helping and not interfering here. I really like the fabric you have used here.

buddy'smom 02-08-2018 03:43 PM

Gonna be an awesome quilt when done. Any way you pick will be stunning.