Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Brother Sewing machines?? How do you like them? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brother-sewing-machines-how-do-you-like-them-t217235.html)

mandyrose 03-25-2013 04:53 AM

I love my 2500D been looking at the new dreamweaver and have no doubt I would love it, if it wasen't for wanting a sit down fmqing machine I have it right now.you won't go wrong with a brother

Becky Crafts 03-25-2013 05:05 AM

I love the Brother machines. I got a Laura Ashley, NX-2000 machine for Christmas. It's not an embroidery machine, but has all sorts of bells & whistles! They have the new V series out now and one does have embroidery capability. By all means...go check them out, ask for a trial and see which one fits your needs the best! They are a real work horse of a machine!!

joysewer 03-25-2013 05:32 AM

I have a Brother Innov-is 6000D (Quattro) and I love it. I wish I would have kept my Brother from 40 years ago but I sold it.

romanojg 03-25-2013 05:59 AM

Brothers are good but so are Vikings. Right now there are a lot of Ruby machines slightly used but come with warranty and most get 0% financing. this is because Viking came out with a Ruby deluxe last yr and alot are trading in for a bigger machine. I would suggest checking out anymachine before buying it. I love all of my Vikings, I had the Ruby and traded to the top model after the Viking convention due to the deal I got. They are great; lots of bells and whistles, easy to use, not tempermental. They come with the initial software that allows you to organize and edit to a degree your designs. Check out mrpatience.com for more info for 4D or 5D organizer; that's the software that will be included with the machine and you can buy full versions late. I love being able to add the jump stitch command to all of my designs and saving me time in the end cleaning up threads. Good luck, I'm not sure where you are or I'd give you some good leads as to where to check. Please do try out different machines and shops; not all shops have great customer service and support. That's a must have in embroidery. I used a Brother in a class and even though there are features that I wish Viking had, there are so many that Viking has that it would drive me crazy because Brother doesn't have. Plus some of the features that Viking does't have they have things similar to it that takes care of the problem. Good luck

mom-6 03-25-2013 06:10 AM

I've only used the basic Brother machines, but have been quite pleased with them and bought one for DD for Christmas. I too am considering one with more bells and whistles. Just haven't determined which features I want most and will really use as I've never had a fancy machine.

EllieGirl 03-25-2013 06:33 AM

I have always had Singers....was raised on Singers. I bought a Brother SE 400 a year ago and love it! I would like a Dreamweaver though! :)

pyffer3 03-25-2013 06:45 AM

I purchased a Brother CS6000i after Christmas. It was one of the recommendations I got from this board. I checked them all out and did some comparisons. I found this one at Amazon for under $150.00 and free shipping. I have completed 3 quilts with it so far and haven't had a problem yet that wasn't 'user error'! LOL

mighty 03-25-2013 07:47 AM

Brother machines are really nice. I have 3 of them.

meldmac 03-25-2013 07:51 AM

I'm very new to this but just got a brother sq9050 and love it already! A friend also just a brother and loves it as well.

TinkerQuilts 03-25-2013 10:54 AM

I've had the Brother Duetta 4500 for almost two years and still love it. In fact I keep thinking about trading up to the Quattro!