Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Buying Fabric on eBay (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/buying-fabric-ebay-t105429.html)

Beachbaby12 03-07-2011 03:51 PM

I have never had a problem - always had good service and they were true to their word.

Annevc 03-07-2011 03:54 PM

I've bought fabric on E-Bay on four seperate occations. Never had a problem. Knock on wood.

Pieceful Quilter 03-07-2011 03:56 PM

Amen to all the comments here about ebay. I love, love, love ebay! But, that being said - listen to Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does..." what I mean is that you need to be smart about ebay.

Buy only from sellers with stellar feedback. If you have ANY questions about what you are buying, ask before you bid. If a deal sounds too good to be true, maybe it is! Buy fabric lines/brands you already know. etc, etc.

I have bought and loved many fabric/quilting items on ebay - always with good results. Always AFTER doing my homework...

joyceinoh 03-07-2011 04:10 PM

I wanted some OH Statae fabric for a quilt my gr son ask to make.
Couldn't find it anywhere but did find and buys some remnets on ebay. It was awfully thin but just what I wanted other wise. I put a thin piece of white fabric behind it when I made the quilt.

Altho, I would rather buy where I can see and feel the fabric

My time 03-07-2011 04:16 PM

I have had no problems shopping on eBay. Just make sure their feedback is positive and that they use pay pal. Also check before hand how much the shipping will be. Great bargains to be had.

buddy'smom 03-07-2011 04:23 PM

I can also say most sellers will refund if it's not as they stated.

meanmom 03-07-2011 04:27 PM

I have purchased quite a bit of fabric both on ebay and online from other websites with very litttle trouble. The biggest problem I have is being sure what the true color is because color is often distorted o the computer. I often look at the fabric in a store before I buy online if I am needing a certain color that has to be perfect. Ebay is often much cheaper. Also it is a good place to get more of fabric that is no longer in the store.

Farm Quilter 03-07-2011 04:39 PM

When I bought fabric on eBay, it was billed as "quilt-quality" fabric, but it was very thin and unsuitable for quilting. When I emailed the lady I bought it from, she would not respond until I gave her a lousy rating then she attacked me saying I was too picky and warned other sellers from selling to me. Well, yes, I am picky about my quilting fabric so I don't buy on eBay.

Even when they manufacturer/designer are familiar, I know that they also make the same-appearing fabric in Wal-Mart that I find in my LQS, but they are not made from the same quality greige goods. Besides, I can find fabulous deals online from mortar quilt stores...probably pay less than I would on eBay!

p38flygirl 03-07-2011 04:53 PM

I have never had a problem..

smtdrt01 03-07-2011 04:53 PM

I always check feedback on the person or business that I buy from and have never had a problem.
Sheila