Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can someone explain...exactly where is that line? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-someone-explain-exactly-where-line-t172392.html)

Veronica 12-18-2011 09:35 AM

You should do what makes you happy, that's why we quilt.

lynn_z 12-18-2011 07:44 PM

Thanks to you all for your positive reaction! Will start cutting in a couple of days...after Christmas tree is done. Happy holidays to all of you!!

cwessel47 12-18-2011 07:55 PM

Just go for it! If it's in your stash, and in your head - you aren't breaking any rules. And the new year starts soon. You are just getting a jump start on 2012! And his birthday IS soon.

Greenheron 12-18-2011 08:49 PM

Artistic inspiration trumps intellectual discipline (sometimes).

leatheflea 12-19-2011 04:41 AM

Checked the Quilters Rule Book, on page 3567, section 89c, exception 15, it states that quilters may start a new project when de-stashing, or working at a self imposed mortatorium, if the heart tells them that its is the right thing to do. No pennalties or judgements will be made to the said offender if their heart is deemed true. So see if the Rule book says it then I think you should be ok. The quilt police won't be called in. Sure you may get a few funny looks from the under quailifed judges of your life but they can't possibly know what your heart says to do. Hope this helps!

Stitchnripper 12-19-2011 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea (Post 4793658)
Checked the Quilters Rule Book, on page 3567, section 89c, exception 15, it states that quilters may start a new project when de-stashing, or working at a self imposed mortatorium, if the heart tells them that its is the right thing to do. No pennalties or judgements will be made to the said offender if their heart is deemed true. So see if the Rule book says it then I think you should be ok. The quilt police won't be called in. Sure you may get a few funny looks from the under quailifed judges of your life but they can't possibly know what your heart says to do. Hope this helps!

I love this!! :thumbup:

jaciqltznok 12-19-2011 05:10 AM

it was started when you bought the fabric with a quilt in mind! GO FOR IT....

missgigglewings 12-19-2011 05:12 AM

Its for your son! Do it!

Murphy 12-19-2011 05:16 AM

It is obviously a WIP and needs to be finished. No new purchase necessary so it meets that criteria as well. Move forward and it will be done in no time.

Scakes 12-19-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by trif (Post 4790667)
My thoughts are that you have accomplished SO much this year, you have decreased your stash, you have remained frugal, now you have the desire to make another quilt as a gift to a loved one AND you own the needed fabric....so, what are you waiting for? Have fun and happy quilting!!!!

I agree completely. Have fun making your bear quilt and giving it to your son.