Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can someone explain...exactly where is that line? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-someone-explain-exactly-where-line-t172392.html)

craftiladi 12-19-2011 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by dlong (Post 4791242)
I figure if you own the material and thought about what you wanted to do with it, it's already a project. Go for it, girl!!!

Yep just do it...I whole hearty agree...after reading your message I would consider it a UFO since it was previously purchased...you gotta change your way of thinking sometimes :}

rosiewell 12-19-2011 08:51 AM

In my opinion, if you bought the fabrics to use in a quilt, then it is a started project!

joyce888 12-19-2011 09:19 AM

I say go for it. Sometimes for me getting everything together for a quilt is more of a chore than actually making it.

KimS 12-19-2011 09:44 AM

Go for it!! Birthdays are something very, very special and it being your son's makes it even more special. Have fun. :)

Grandma Mary 12-19-2011 12:57 PM

It's already started. If you have anything that you can actually see and touch, then it's started. Just the new ideas in your mind are the ones you'll need to stay away from until you finish your other projects. Have fun!

lynn_z 12-19-2011 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea (Post 4793658)
Checked the Quilters Rule Book, on page 3567, section 89c, exception 15, it states that quilters may start a new project when de-stashing, or working at a self imposed mortatorium, if the heart tells them that its is the right thing to do. No pennalties or judgements will be made to the said offender if their heart is deemed true. So see if the Rule book says it then I think you should be ok. The quilt police won't be called in. Sure you may get a few funny looks from the under quailifed judges of your life but they can't possibly know what your heart says to do. Hope this helps!

I cannot believe the response I have received for this! Thank you all so much! This one seems to be "official" but of course, all the responses were convincing. I have a packed week but I am going to start by putting all my Christmas projects out of sight. I did finish all but the big one but once my slate is cleared, I can start cutting. Happy holidays to all !!

stichinluvr 12-19-2011 02:22 PM

It's been started for several years. You should definitely make this for your son. It seems to be a sign since you found the box of fabric. Have fun. I'm sure he'll love it.

patdesign 12-19-2011 03:51 PM

Go and do what your heart tells you and quit playing games with yourself to motivate! You already had the fabric, soooo you were half way begun already. WINK WINNK!!:)

Ginny B 12-19-2011 05:20 PM

Absolutely make it. You've already got the fabric, it's calling you. You need to answer.

Mickey1 12-19-2011 07:46 PM

Creating a birthday gift for someone you love trumps self imposed restriction every time. It's in the quilters law book!