Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can someone explain...exactly where is that line? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-someone-explain-exactly-where-line-t172392.html)

karenpatrick 12-19-2011 05:30 AM

Already started. You've purchased the fab and put together a kit so therefore, have at it.!!

MarthaT 12-19-2011 05:39 AM

Two things...1. Starting a quilt happens in the mind and you've obviously started this one a long time ago. 2. You won't be breaking your commitment to use from your stash. So, I give you permission to go for it and enjoy. Don't feel guilty...GO FOR IT!!!!!

SunlitenSmiles 12-19-2011 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by jollyquilting (Post 4790669)
Already started. The thought is the beginning , go ahead and ....finish....even if not cut out yet. LOL

Absolutely...already started.....no question about it !!!!!!! once you have the fabric it is WIP or UFO

hobo2000 12-19-2011 06:22 AM

Not done yet? Why not? You have had this idea for two days. Let's get busy and see how quickly you can get it done. Lol. Yeah, I got one of those in the works too. Unfortunately, I have my wonderful Tin Lizzie up for sale so I don't want to use it until it sells. She is so nice and clean, she sparkles. I will miss her as she taught me how to quilt and now I need a bigger one so I can quilt more for others.

luci4 12-19-2011 07:28 AM

Go for it. It was started when you bought the fabric. Do not feel guilty.

gypsylady5 12-19-2011 07:52 AM

Go for it. Do it while you are motivated. And stick with it to finish the project. Then pick up one of yor UFO's and get started finishing! Your son is important! Give him your love with a new quilt.

JoAnnGC 12-19-2011 08:00 AM

I say strike while the iron is hot...it's already a WIP since you have the fabric and the idea in your head...that's where it starts being a project. You will be very happy to complete this as it shows forgiveness for the quilt he messed up previously and he will be very appreciative of the quilt and the thought behind it.

pls1946 12-19-2011 08:10 AM

leatheflea said it best! no quilt police, and if the rule book says it's a go, then it's a GO!

judykay 12-19-2011 08:22 AM

I have found that if I don't work on a project I feel like working on I don't get anything accomplished. I tried not working on a new project until I finished another one and it just wasn't working as I did not feel like that is what I wanted to do. Go with your instinct and do what your heart tells you to do & enjoy the process, it will all work out.

Merry Christmas

mollymunchkin 12-19-2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm (Post 4791454)
Personally, I think that every quilt gets finished exactly when it is meant to. Sometimes that is a weekend, sometimes that is 19 years. Quilts are tricky things and they have their own agendas. It is best not to fight it, you have already started the project and have a short time frame to complete it so you can move back to your other projects in relatively quick order. I try to avoid moratoriums of that nature. It is essentially thumbing your nose at the Quilting Gods and they usually respond by teasing you with a brand-new, too-tempting-to-resist project! :)

I had never thought of it in quite this way before, but I agree. Quilts have their own time line for being complete.