Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can you say Dumb A** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-you-say-dumb-%2A%2A-t73601.html)

Cathie R 11-03-2010 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Been there done that. When I purchased my first Featherweight, I kept threading from the left to right. DUH, If all else fails read instructions. It is threaded from right to left, No more problems. LOL

I've done that before with my featherweight. I wrote a note and put on the machine last time I used it so I would remember. I don't use it very often so it is easy to forget.

Happy Tails 11-03-2010 05:44 PM

I LOVE your blue featherweight, God I wish I could afford a purple one <sigh>

Annz 11-03-2010 06:40 PM

I'm sorry but I was laughing when I read your problem. Maybe it was the way you presented it but I am still laughing, not at you but at the problem.

WVNana 11-03-2010 06:50 PM

Oh, I might make the same mistake twice. Particularly after I sleep a couple of times.lol.

I bet we won't make the same mistake twice!!!

New knee 11-03-2010 07:07 PM

You have arrived as a member of the dummies' club. We all have done dumb things with our machines. My Bernina 1090 would not sew. I checked everything, even took off the back to see if thread or something was keeping it from sewing. After three days of frustration, I then noticed that the lever that goes to hold the thread when filling the bobbin was pushed over. Need I say, I had mud on my face!!!

running1 11-03-2010 07:31 PM

I used to have a little poster (can't find it after many years, but wish I could) with a cute picture of a sheepish-looking puppy with the caption, "I never make the same mistake twice... generally, it's three times or more." sigh...

lalaland 11-03-2010 09:20 PM

Hey, I put the bobbin in the wrong way for over 20 years before I realized that the reason it sometimes slipped out of the groove was because it was supposed to go in counter clockwise, not clockwise, like the DIAGRAM on the bobbin lid illustrates.

So, welcome me to the DUH club!!

earthwalker 11-03-2010 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by deema
Yep, one day my feed dogs weren't working right, my fabric was jumping all over the place, threads were nesting...I wanted to throw the darn thing out the window...

I didn't put the foot down.

I have done this several times!

tweetee 11-03-2010 09:33 PM

Been there done that. When I purchased my first Featherweight, I kept threading from the left to right. DUH, If all else fails read instructions. It is threaded from right to left, No more problems. LOL

Yes, I found that out too! And to make matters even more confusing, the 99k is threaded left to right.
So, the Featherweight right to left, the 99k left to right and the Janome front to back lol, :mrgreen:

madamekelly 11-04-2010 01:37 AM

I always put those moments down to "well, I guess it was my turn to do something silly". Keeps me from getting upset so often. When you live in "Gooberville", like I do, those things happen a lot!