Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   cats vs. dogs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cats-vs-dogs-t13518.html)

Brenda Retzlaff 11-18-2008 11:28 PM

I have 2 cats. Both were adopted from an abused animal shelter. Annie is all black...looks like a panther. JJ is grey & White. He's a loveable, darling cat who "talks" all the time. They are both 5 years old.

Both kitties are avid quilters. I lay my quilt blocks out on the floor and they rearrange them for me. Most of the time they do a pretty good job. :lol:

PrettyKitty 11-19-2008 01:07 AM

I like dogs, but am a major cat person. I have two boy cats, they are quarter Bengal, three quarter moggie. They are 1.5 yrs old and are crazy kitties and I love them dearly. Kitchen and Satchmo are their names.

minstrel 11-19-2008 03:57 AM

Well, as far as quilting goes, our golden retriever is my companion, but we also have 3 horses, 2 goats, 2 guinea pigs and a couple of fish. I think mostly the dog's contribution is HAIR! But she's a sweetie. 2 years old and finally settling down a bit so she can sit with me in my quilting room for longer than 5 minutes! She loves to come in and set her head on my lap because of course, I'm not paying enough attention to her when I'm quilting! :lol:

pocoellie 11-19-2008 06:32 AM

I'm a dog and horse person

sewjoyce 11-19-2008 06:38 AM

I currently have one cat -- a 13 lb. 5 yr. old Himalayan named Emile by his previous owner. I found him at the Humane Society and we usually call him "Little Mr." as he's always in trouble....but not for long :wink:

Quilt4u 11-19-2008 06:44 AM

My two Jack Russells. I love the two different personalaties (?) they have. One is so layed back you would not think she was a Jack Russell. The male is well behaived and is the jummper and a Mama's boy. He just loves to sew with me.

sandybeach 11-19-2008 08:06 AM

I have had cats and dogs. Loved my mixed lab/shepard combo to bits.

Right now I have three cats. Powder (a champaign color Tonkinese), she is 12.5 years old. Koko (you guessed it, a Seal Point Siamese), he is 3.5 years old. And the baby, Samantha (Sammy) (a Lynx Point Siamese), she is 3.0 years old.

Powder was a free cat from a private family, Koko I actually paid $100 for because you really can't find Seal Point Siamese at the shelter, and Sammy was a shelter cat.

Sammy has a terrible habit of attacking Powder. At first it was to get Powder to play, but Powder doesn't play, so she reacted by hissing and spitting. Now Sammy does it just to annoy her.

Powder isn't very friendly. She bites, even me.

Koko is my favorite. He loves me to death, is nice to everyone, eats anything that doesn't eat him first, always uses the cat box and even comes when I call "Treat". (They are allowed to go out during the day.)

Sammy is a sweety when she wants to be. She plays fetch with a little ball. But she attacks Powder, won't come when I call, only eats the VERY EXPENSIVE cat food In fact, if she thinks I am going to bring her in for the night, she shimmies up the tree and jumps on the roof. I even went up on the roof a couple times and brought her back, but now she jumps back into the tree and waits for me to get off the roof, then jumps back on the roof.

stitchinMamaw 11-19-2008 08:15 AM

Sandybeach I love siamese cats . I had 3 seal points years ago . Most lovable cats . I have seen the Tonkinese , but do you have a pic of the lynx point ? I don't think I've heard of that one . Annie

KrazyQuilter 11-19-2008 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a black lab named Captain Smackbelly and a Yellow Lab mix named Corndog.

sandybeach 11-19-2008 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
stitchinMamaw, here is what a Lynx point looks like: