Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Charm squares.......sorry I bought (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/charm-squares-sorry-i-bought-t119169.html)

kimscruzer 04-27-2011 07:49 AM

the charm pack is 5 inch blocks.

Originally Posted by dunster
Still not sure why your blocks are not measuring correctly. Did you start with a block that should measure 12.5", but you're coming up short? In that case it could be the 1/4" seam allowance that is the problem. Or do you have a block that measures something other than 12.5" and you want to convert it? More information is needed.

LAB55 04-27-2011 07:53 AM

Your avatar quilt is beautiful !! :-)

belmer 04-27-2011 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by LAB55
Your avatar quilt is beautiful !! :-)

Ditto!

Ripped on Scotch 04-27-2011 07:59 AM

You should have a lot of options with a 5 inch block... don't worry you'll figure it out soon.

crt 04-27-2011 07:59 AM

If the block is too small, could you not put a frame around it to bring it up to size? Maybe I'm not reading correctly.

dunster 04-27-2011 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer

Still not sure why your blocks are not measuring correctly. Did you start with a block that should measure 12.5", but you're coming up short? In that case it could be the 1/4" seam allowance that is the problem. Or do you have a block that measures something other than 12.5" and you want to convert it? More information is needed.

Oh, so the problem is that you need to find a block that can use the 5" charm squares in an efficient manner?

QuiltnNan 04-27-2011 08:13 AM

If you want really simple, you can do an uneven 9-patch. That way, you only have to cut some of the charm squares and the blocks can be set off with a plain alternating block or sashing.

sueisallaboutquilts 04-27-2011 08:19 AM

Thank you for posting it!!!!!!!!! It's so beautiful!!! Very artistic :D:D

kimscruzer 04-27-2011 08:28 AM

YES , please give me some ideas .

Oh, so the problem is that you need to find a block that can use the 5" charm squares in an efficient manner?

kimscruzer 04-27-2011 08:29 AM

Thanks so much ! I could have probably done another top like the avatar in the same amount of time it is taking me to do blocks.........

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Thank you for posting it!!!!!!!!! It's so beautiful!!! Very artistic :D:D

:D :shock: