Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Ideas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/christmas-ornament-ideas-t203564.html)

kgibbons 10-18-2012 09:27 AM

Christmas Ornament Ideas

Last year I started making an ornament for each one of my grandkids so they have them when they get older and can decorate their own tree. I am looking for new ideas and some pictures would be great.
Thanks
Karen

Beeboop71 10-18-2012 09:46 AM

Karen - Have you seen the ornaments posted on the 3rd Annual Christmas Ornament swap board. There are some really creative ones on there and they are all so beautiful! I am sure you can find something there. Good luck.

Tartan 10-18-2012 10:11 AM

If you are looking to sew paper pieced ones, there is a source you can use for tree ornaments. The Quilters Newsletter Magazine site has a current project called Christmas Flag. It is for making an American Flag with rows of tiny PP squares. The patterns are really cute and I am going to do a few as ornaments. You go to the magazine main site and click Web Extras. Look on the drop down menu for Christmas Flag and click on it. There are free PP patterns for the blocks until Nov. 6.

QM 10-18-2012 10:16 AM

My guild has a annual Christmas ornament swap. One thing I have made is stars from the center bits of Mariner's Compass patterns.

LadyElisabeth 10-18-2012 10:53 AM

I will be watching this thread, I want to make quilted ornaments for my quilty friends :)

LisaGibbs 10-18-2012 11:30 AM

I do the same thing, make ornaments or Christmas something each year and am running out of ideas. I did make Christmas balls that looked quilted though I can't remember what it is called, you fold the circle fabric in half then bring two ends to a point and pin into a ball with each layer overlapping and meeting half way from other side done the exact same way. Hummmm, I have no idea where to even tell you where the instructions for it are. Anyone else know what I am talking about?

Sewcrazy12 10-18-2012 12:22 PM

Go on YouTube and search for quilted ornaments. There are some pretty ones, and they are so easy and simple.

mountain-moma 10-18-2012 12:39 PM

I to will watching this thread i have 2 GD's and i would love to make them some as well Thanks for starting this post(:)

mountain-moma 10-18-2012 12:54 PM

Brenda21,I have a questions Please do you know where the pattern came from for the snowmen ornaments that you posted in the Ornament Exchange 2011? I would love to make those looks like felt and buttons.Thanks in advance if you can help me

Kgibbons,if we could find those patterns you to would love them did you look over were beboop71 said to the snowmen are there

sandyfullmer 10-18-2012 01:47 PM

Christmas ornament photos

Originally Posted by Beeboop71 (Post 5594894)
Karen - Have you seen the ornaments posted on the 3rd Annual Christmas Ornament swap board. There are some really creative ones on there and they are all so beautiful! I am sure you can find something there. Good luck.

Is there one place to view photos of all the ornaments w/o going thru all 52 pages? Thank-you