Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Christmas, planned? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/christmas-planned-t202393.html)

judykay 10-07-2012 08:50 AM

I just finished a table topper for me and have another one cut out, I know how dare I do something for me. I also have two doll quilts done and a few more in the works for a lqs that sponsors a Christmas party for children of the community that would not otherwise have a Christmas. I also want to embroidery a wine themed kitchen towel for a friend. I usually make more Christmas gifts but this year I have not made any as I have found good deals on things I think they will like so this year my friends are getting purchased gifts which leaves me some time to do the charity doll quilts. Now all I need to do is turn off my computer so I am not tempted to keep coming back to the board.

romanojg 10-07-2012 10:04 AM

Right now I'm finishing my embroidery projects and a Halloween quilt for my DGS's first party. Then it's back to Christmas, I'm working on a couple of reversible tablerunners and a reversible tablecloth that is almost quilted and needs to be bound.
On my embroidery machine I"m making:
"Paper" dolls with carrying case (made from fabric)
A couple of small quilts
Doilies
table runners
A 3 fold or section carrying case for little kids that has a section for crayons, one for a tablet and pen and another one for whatever. Its so cute.
A stained glass nativity wall hanging (design from emblibrary.com)
A mesh beachbag
An organizer set that has cutwork roses lace that includes a TP holder, an organizer, a Checkbook cover and eyeglass case.
Embroideried TP for decoration; plus more decorations as they come to me.
Potholders
In case you couldn't tell; I'm addicted to my embroidery machine and the more I learn the more I want to do. I love it because I can set the machine up and other than stopping for thread changes I can let it go while I do other things. Right now I have it setup in my front entry way so that no matter where I am I can hear it stop and get it going pretty fast.
I also want to make some clothes.
Plus I'm trying to finish up WIP to start the yr on a clean slate.

Pat625 10-07-2012 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg (Post 5568660)
Right now I'm finishing my embroidery projects and a Halloween quilt for my DGS's first party. Then it's back to Christmas, I'm working on a couple of reversible tablerunners and a reversible tablecloth that is almost quilted and needs to be bound.
On my embroidery machine I"m making:
"Paper" dolls with carrying case (made from fabric)
A couple of small quilts
Doilies
table runners
A 3 fold or section carrying case for little kids that has a section for crayons, one for a tablet and pen and another one for whatever. Its so cute.
A stained glass nativity wall hanging (design from emblibrary.com)
A mesh beachbag
An organizer set that has cutwork roses lace that includes a TP holder, an organizer, a Checkbook cover and eyeglass case.
Embroideried TP for decoration; plus more decorations as they come to me.
Potholders
In case you couldn't tell; I'm addicted to my embroidery machine and the more I learn the more I want to do. I love it because I can set the machine up and other than stopping for thread changes I can let it go while I do other things. Right now I have it setup in my front entry way so that no matter where I am I can hear it stop and get it going pretty fast.
I also want to make some clothes.
Plus I'm trying to finish up WIP to start the yr on a clean slate.

I am hoping TP doesn't mean toilet paper!!! I am not sure I would want it embroidered!~ I guess to each his own!! LOL

romanojg 10-07-2012 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 5568748)
I am hoping TP doesn't mean toilet paper!!! I am not sure I would want it embroidered!~ I guess to each his own!! LOL

It does; and you don't use it, it's just for decoration and it is really pretty.

EdieClay 10-07-2012 12:24 PM

I have almost completed four quilts for friends ... I am binding three, then they're finished. I just took the fifth one to quilt shop to get the quilted. Got to come up with easy gifts for four friends. This year I started the first quilt in January, so I should be finished by end of October. So much fun!

charlotte37830 10-07-2012 04:38 PM

[QUOTE=romanojg;5568660]

Can you tell me where I can find a pattern for this? Thought I had one saved but I can't find it now.

deedum 10-07-2012 04:57 PM

I have made some lovely pillowcases and set aside, oh so fun!
I Made two crocheted "cascade" scarves today and two more to go for my DIL'S and friends.
I plan to make some pajamas for our grandchildren this week for Christmas gifts
Need to make an IPAD pillow yet.
Got a Christmas lap quilt ready to be quilted. That is it so far.

jcrow 10-07-2012 05:47 PM

All I have to do is bind 9 quilts and I'm ready for Christmas. BUT I do not like binding one little bit. I just went in my sewing room and picked out the binding for one of the quilts and laid it on the cutting table and put my ruler on top of it. That's as far as I got today. That's how much I don't like binding. I'm going to machine bind every single one of them and I still can't get myself excited to start. Dang it! What's the trick? I know it's the last step, but it's my least favorite.

misschrisfrmtx 10-07-2012 06:22 PM

I am so impressed with all of you! Everyone is soooooo busy!

Sewnoma 10-07-2012 06:35 PM

I have 11 quilts to make before Christmas; 7 are completely finished, 3 are roughly half done, and one last one still needs to be started.

Today I spent some time sewing simple drawstring bags for each quilt, that's what I'm going to "wrap" them in. Each bag is different and coordinates (to some degree) with the quilt that will be inside it. Those were a fun easy project to make and the best part is they each only cost me $1.50 in fabric! I only picked $3/yard fabrics from Joann's Red Tag table, which are all half off right now, each bag uses 1 yard of fabric. At that price, it'd be hard to wrap the quilts for less, and everybody will have fabric drawstring bags to reuse!