Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Collecting free quilt patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/collecting-free-quilt-patterns-t216437.html)

GailG 03-17-2013 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by MartiMorga (Post 5929917)
I am a new quilter and find that I am always downloading patterns, I have so many that there isn't enough time for me to do them all. I wonder how much of my memory on this lap top is used up with those and the free embroidery designs I have on it. Why do I do this and will I ever use them, do I really like them that much? I dread the day I try to "organize" this mess . . . but yet here I am just now asking for one from a fellow board member.

Well, MartiMorga, I can really relate to this. I'm such a computer duck that I don't know how to save so I print all of the pictures that I like and also print patterns. I have several binders full. I'm 72, so the chances of using all of these are nill. But it's fun to dream and plan. Who needs magazines??!!! I just pick up one of the binders and enjoy something new all over again. Organize?!! I got lost long ago. Now I just bind.:D

meanmom 03-17-2013 04:52 AM

I have so many patterns saved, bookmarked, pinned, and printed i could quit sleeping and quit my job and sew until I was 200 and probably not finish them all. My stash might be big enough to complete about half of them. Yet I still enjoy downloading them etc. They are so much fun to look at. When I look at some of them now that I have more experience I say what was I thinking. Enjoy your fun.

bunniequilter 03-17-2013 04:56 AM

Us quilters hoard fabric and any paper products related to quilting.

brendadawg 03-17-2013 05:30 AM

If I never bought or downloaded another pattern, I could stay busy until I was 125! Like you, I love to look through all the magazines and books and downloaded patterns and "plan".

bigsister63 03-17-2013 05:36 AM

I print free patterns as I find them that way I can drool over them. Also If I do not print them out they are "lost " in cyber space forever. (I really like a hard copy of stuff). Also I add any new sites I find to my favorites. I have about 200 quilting site bookmarked! (again they will be lost in cyber space forever if I do not save them).This board is GREAT about suggesting new site and patterns!!!! Thanks , Ladies!!!!!

CRO 03-17-2013 06:03 AM

I am fairly new to quilting and I am in the same boat. I down load a lot of free patterns. I also will never be able to make them all. I keep downloading though because you never know. :)

Kathleen122 03-17-2013 06:10 AM

Just looked, have 43,000 quilting files on laptop (and all are backed up on external hard drive). All sorted into various folders so I can find something if I choose to. Also have 2 special folders, One is "DO" with maybe 50 patterns in it & the other is "Favorites", with maybe 200 in it. So those are my got to folders if I am looking for something new to start.

Grace MooreLinker 03-17-2013 06:21 AM

I always look at the new free patterns, have enough now that I would/will never make one of each pattern in my life time. I have an embroidery machine and my husband is learning to make the patterns for me, so quilting has been side tracked for a while. But it is haunting me to get make to it. I have 3 quilt tops to quilt and a new sample block hanging up over my machine saying make me. Happy quilting

Grace MooreLinker 03-17-2013 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by bigsister63 (Post 5933802)
I print free patterns as I find them that way I can drool over them. Also If I do not print them out they are "lost " in cyber space forever. (I really like a hard copy of stuff). Also I add any new sites I find to my favorites. I have about 200 quilting site bookmarked! (again they will be lost in cyber space forever if I do not save them).This board is GREAT about suggesting new site and patterns!!!! Thanks , Ladies!!!!!

Ditto I do thte same.

Dodie 03-17-2013 06:27 AM

I am also guilty of this I need 3 more life times to use my patterns and fabric plus kits oh well sure saves buying at todays prices since we also live on a fixed income