Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Quilt with me Today - 7/15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-quilt-me-today-7-15-a-t194678.html)

leatheflea 07-15-2012 05:48 AM

Okay I'm finally up and at it after sleeping in way to late. I'll be working on a diamonds quilt. 8 inch diamonds finished. I've never sewn together diamonds, always used the strip method and the diamonds were much smaller. This time they will be cut from fat quarters so no strip sets. I'll post the progress. First thing is to drag out the design board that I keep hidden in the rec. room. Maybe one more cup of coffee.....see you in an hour or so with my progress.

ube quilting 07-15-2012 05:49 AM

Virtual Quilting Day 7-15-12

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what I'm doing instead of what I am supposed to be doing! The border of the quilt is my goal today. The purpose of the quilt is to use up scraps and it is working. Only one fabric repeated so far.

I put a quick tutorial in my album so any one can go there to see how incredible easy this is to do. The album is in 2 parts cause I couldn't get it to load all of them in one album!? Also the pics loaded in reverse order so work backwards! Like I usually do anyway.:D

This is much more impressive than I thought it would be so to use up more of my tons of scraps I am going to start making some more in tone on tones, I think this pattern would look cool in all scraps of all one color. All reds, all blues, all yellows, all greens, etc.

enjoy! Please show off your VQD accomplishments.

We should have a special place for this thread.
peace to all[ATTACH=CONFIG]349154[/ATTACH]

The pattern was free from McCalls Quilting in 2008. It came as a free gift after getting the magazine.

erstan947 07-15-2012 05:52 AM

I love scrappy quilts and this pattern is perfect.....thanks for inspiration:)

nellybelle 07-15-2012 05:58 AM

I will be going to chuch in a few minutes, I am the organist for today. Then home for a lite lunch and then back up to
the sewing room to do some more work on the segments for #3 French Braid. I hope to get that one finished and a
start on the #4 one. I worked yesterday on this so I am really hoping to get a lot done with two days of working in sewing room. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. it is hot, hot, here, so I will be running a fan along with air as my sewing room is on the second floor of my house, and it is never as cool as downstairs.

auntpiggylpn 07-15-2012 05:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to show you my helpers for today. This is Lily Pie and Cooper, holding down the carpet in the sewing room!

StephTn 07-15-2012 05:59 AM

I also love the look of your quilt.Especially how you used the pear in the block.Going to try and cut out my borders for my jellyroll quilt. Hoping my hubby will sleep alittle longer before I have to get him his lunch and then get him off to work. Then maybe I can finish the top before anymore interuptions...lol

taimi 07-15-2012 06:00 AM

Getting my coffee on right now then hoping to finish piecing a lap quilt for my grandmother, shouldn't be too difficult, it is just a fence rail but the flu is trying to knock me back down so I may end up back in bed instead of in the sewing room

marne 07-15-2012 06:00 AM

Morning!!
I'm a a list person, so here is my list:
-send thank yous for fabric
-cut fabric to send
-cut fabric for mom's wreath
-maryland block (butterfly)
-NC block (beach?)
-cut squares for peace quilt
-applique for mom's quilt
-get foam core and have dad cut

I am sure I will get sidetracked.

It is nice to be working with all of you.

DebraK 07-15-2012 06:02 AM

oh, thank you. The blocks are 10-1/2" unfinished.

cawsings 07-15-2012 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope to join everyone this afternoon. We have to make a trip to Menards in a town about 45 minutes away...so we'll probably do lunch, too. Oh, and I might make my hubby stop at Joann's for

Our theme for the upcoming school year is "Patriotic." The grade level teachers are supposed to come up with matching t-shirts and tend to coordinate classroom items as well. Since I teach music, I'm with the art, PE, and library teachers. We all get a long great and I am in charge of the t-shirts (applique of a paw print with red and white striped fabric for the pad of the paw and blue star fabric for the top parts) and I also told them I would do wall hangings for our doors. So far I have one shirt and one wall hanging completely finished.

Today I want to finish hand sewing the binding to the back of the second wall hanging and I need to sew the border around the 3rd wall hanging, sandwich, and get started hand quilting it.

Sorry for the huge picture!