Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Quilt with me Today - 7/15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-quilt-me-today-7-15-a-t194678.html)

Patti25314 07-15-2012 06:08 AM

You gals/guys are so amazing! I'm getting started on tumblers again.

mary705 07-15-2012 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5366243)
Just wanted to show you my helpers for today. This is Lily Pie and Cooper, holding down the carpet in the sewing room!

Love your helpers! What breed is cooper?, he kinda looks like mine (my avatar), but a bit smaller I think. He is 5 months old in the pic, was taken on the 4th day we had him, 7/12/09, had knee surgery, so remember the date!

Julie R 07-15-2012 06:29 AM

Just joining in the fun now (hubby and I went out for pancakes). I'm working on binding my redwork wallhanging today.

carolaug 07-15-2012 07:03 AM

Well after drying and ironing the white muslim that I have I think its too thin...you can see through it. I have used it for backing which worked well but I do not think it would be a good idea for this top. I just may need to finish another project. I need to find a pattern that I have somewhere....to finish my last block that I started a year ago.

auntpiggylpn 07-15-2012 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by mary705 (Post 5366338)
Love your helpers! What breed is cooper?, he kinda looks like mine (my avatar), but a bit smaller I think. He is 5 months old in the pic, was taken on the 4th day we had him, 7/12/09, had knee surgery, so remember the date!

Cooper is a Shepherd, we think he is a Malinois Shepherd which is a Belgium shepherd. He is almost 5 yo, we believe. We rescued him last year after loosing our other German Shepherd, Zeuss, unexpectedly to an aggressive cancer. Cooper was heartworm positive but we choose to go ahead and adopt him and proceeded with the treatment. He has been HW negative since December of 2011!

Patty Patches 07-15-2012 07:19 AM

I;m joining the fun.Just finished the last block for my quilt,now to get it put together and piece the borders.Hope to have time to quilt on a couple of ufo;s.

sewhappy30 07-15-2012 07:24 AM

Got all my 1/2 square triangles cut and pressed. Made my layout for my block. Now ready to start sewing each row together, there are 6 rows. See ya in a bit!!

oldcatlady 07-15-2012 07:29 AM

Hello all, finished reading the sunday papers on the patio with coffee enjoying the cloudy day and a nice breeze. It is muggy inside but am going to bit the bullet and work on putting some swap blocks together into tops. I've let them pile up. I want to make several lap quilts and cat quilts out of them. My cats love to lay on my blocks so figured I'll just make them little quilts to lay on :)

marne 07-15-2012 07:29 AM

send thank yous for fabric DONE
-cut fabric to send DONE
-cut fabric for mom's wreath
-maryland block (butterfly)
-NC block (beach?)
-cut squares for peace quilt
-applique for mom's quilt
-get foam core and have dad cut
-Put up magnet strips DONE

I'm getting ready to go get foam core.

Love the productivity!

Marne

leatheflea 07-15-2012 08:05 AM

Ube quiltin that quilt is a great scrappy! Thanks for the tute, one more on the gonna do some day list!