Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 6/24 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-virtually-quilt-me-today-6-24-a-t192631.html)

burchquilts 06-24-2012 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 5313767)
Do we have a date for the next virual sew? I really like these.

I think they're always the last Sunday of the month. I'm not near a calendar (I suppose there's one here on my 'puter someplace but I'm too dumb to find it) but I assume it's around this same date.

burchquilts 06-24-2012 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Atomicdog (Post 5313784)
Finished my goals for the day!! Yay!! Love this thread and hope we can do this again. Loved seeing everyone's projects - going to beg my DS to teach me how to post a pic. Is this a monthly thing??

Cindy

Yep, we've been doing it for several months now... the last Sunday of the month. Super fun, eh?

burchquilts 06-24-2012 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 5313956)
My Mom loved that saying when she was going thry Chemo..at that time they were trying to sell "spray on" hair,,,Of course we bought her every color there was..she wa afraid to actually try it..Will keep Maria in my prayers

When my BFF was going thru her chemo, she got a really sexy long blonde wig... so unlike her it wasn't even funny. Which is what made it so great. Her theory was that cancer had turned her into a stone cold fox... LOL!

PokerDiva 06-24-2012 03:23 PM

OK, Rebecca, I put it on my calendar. If I miss it I am holding you responisible. 30 lashes with a wet noodle.

Mama Llama 06-24-2012 04:35 PM

what I got done today

3 Attachment(s)
Finished the Color Pools table runner. Just goes to prove there is no such thing as a perfect square or circle. But we like it. Have to go to grocery store then maybe attack the red/black/white asian quilt.

franc36 06-24-2012 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 5313896)
What is a fussy cut??

The fussy cut border has the same design on each of the four strips. In this border, the 9 1/2" wide strip is centered over a strip of roses. Since the border is centered over the roses, you have to make more cuts. There is excess fabric between each strip. I did not enjoy cutting those borders; but they are beautiful and will be mitered.

DogHouseMom 06-24-2012 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 5313956)
My Mom loved that saying when she was going thry Chemo..at that time they were trying to sell "spray on" hair,,,Of course we bought her every color there was..she wa afraid to actually try it..Will keep Maria in my prayers

When I started planning the quilt I googled "cancer sayings" and found it, then I thought of the woman in the pose, and the last step was the horizontal strips and ta-da ... a quilt is made.

5 letters sewn down.

DogHouseMom 06-24-2012 04:45 PM

MammaLlama

I love it!!!!

carolaug 06-24-2012 04:47 PM

thank-you for the modivation!!! I worked on my mother's quilt. FMQ'd it then put on the first side of the binding...took a two hour nap. Woke up and finished the binding! Yah...In the washer it goes!

Tweety2911 06-24-2012 05:08 PM

This has been lots of fun, reading up on everyone, viewing beautiful projects and different sewing spaces. All so different! Sheep are just too cute. Female shadow is awesome! Company left and I did get to sew up the last borders on my scrappy quilt and it is ready to go on the longarm next week. Yippee!