Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-virtually-quilt-me-today-9-23-a-t201278.html)

PokerDiva 09-23-2012 10:14 AM

Finished clue 2 and enlarged all the house blocks. I see clue 3 is up so I will go get that and then have lunch. Congrats to all for getting so much accomplished.

sewplease 09-23-2012 10:25 AM

I LOVE seeing all the pictures! Keep them coming girls! I think I'm probably the only person who has a camera-less cell phone. My 7th grade students get a kick out of it - they think it's an antique but it's just a little cheapy that keeps on working. :-)

I'm late reporting in but this morning I spray basted (for the first time) a stash quilt I made this summer for the purpose of practicing FMQing. Last night I pieced a backing and it's now sitting in sandwich glory waiting to quilted. I used Dritz basting spray, cranked the AC down, and opened a window in my bedroom which doubles as my sewing room. It went fairly quickly, but can someone tell me how long I should wait before starting to sew?

1. Basting - done.
2. Close up the cutting table.
3. Clear off sewing table, move it out from wall to extend back leaf.
4. Run to Joanns for 1/2 yard of heavy vinyl to make needle area slippery.
5. FMQ!!

Thank you for starting this thread and for all the inspiration!!

Jan in VA 09-23-2012 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by germanquilter (Post 5535298)
Finally checking in...got distracted with making breakfast for DD, baking an apple cake with caramel glaze and talking to my mom in Germany :) I did get back on track and finished DD's fleece blanket. Now some lunch and I am on to starting the Halloween quilt!

Your DD is a cat??:D:D
Cute fabric!

Jan in VA

Pat625 09-23-2012 10:45 AM

This would be a great quilt for a wedding!!

Originally Posted by MommaDorian (Post 5535372)
I've been working on a test pattern for a fellow QB member. I'm about 1/2 way. Here is a picture of my WIP.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]365000[/ATTACH]

jyllybean 09-23-2012 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok, I feel way behind because I slept in so late, but here's the table runner:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]365011[/ATTACH]

Pat625 09-23-2012 10:49 AM

Can't believe it is 2:45 already!! Got one table runner pieced. Ended up doing a braid pattern....second one is in process..Will be estatic if I can get both pieced and sanwiched today!! There is plenty of hours left to work!! Will post pics when I get them at least sandwiched!! Maybe I can get them finished off and the hot plates done tomorrow!! Off to make a sandwich..forgot about lunch!

Pat625 09-23-2012 10:52 AM

I love this one!! Will have to check my stash to see what I have!! After I finish the 2 tablerunners I began, I will still have to make at least 3 more sets..Your design is wonderful! Might do the other 3 like this

Originally Posted by jyllybean (Post 5535441)
ok, I feel way behind because I slept in so late, but here's the table runner:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]365011[/ATTACH]

germanquilter 09-23-2012 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pumpkin is a one-year old male tabby...and the most affectionate curious, playful cat I have ever owned. We have had 6 cats in the past 26 years and he has been the only male. I am sold on those male orange tabbies now; they almost have dog-like characteristics :) Of course, he has been all over my fabric and sewing table today!

cannyquilter 09-23-2012 11:03 AM

Everyone is working so hard today and I just love all the pictures, everyone I see I think "I want to do one of those!"

Finished my top about 20 minutes ago and having a cup of tea and scone and catching up with everyone on the thread.

Jan, I had some reverse sewing to do on my quilt top and so I did it last night as I did not want to start the day going backwards (if you get my drift).

For lunch today I went to a pub with my husband and we had roast beef and yorkshire pudding with lots of fresh vegetables and meaty gravy.

Settling down for the evening in front of the television, will trace the templates for the applique whilst I am doing that and also cut out and sew on some labels.

Thanks to everyone for your company today, you kept me focused and Rachel once again a big thanks for organising today, looking forward to next month.

Canny:o

KarenK 09-23-2012 11:30 AM

Just joining in for the first time! I've read all the posts to catch up and it's wonderful that everyone is getting so much done. I'm working on a scrappy basket weave wall hanging that's been on my design wall since Spring. It was in a box for several (many???) years before that! :o It's amazing how other happenings in our lives put quilting on the back burner. The quilt is on point and already sewn into rows. I'm going to switch a couple of blocks - 3 purples close together in one row - then add setting triangles. Haven't decided for sure whether I want light or dark setting triangles. Will do some quick auditioning and go from there. Also, plan to add a few borders and since this is for me, hand quilt.

Hmmm - photo upload failed - that hasn't happened before. Will attempt again later.