Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/come-virtually-quilt-me-today-9-23-a-t201278.html)

PokerDiva 09-23-2012 11:32 AM

Clue 3 and 4 done. I think this is going to be a cute quilt. Have to go take a break for awhile. Back is starting to kill me.

athenagwis 09-23-2012 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra (Post 5535364)
i thought orange tabbies was males but calicos are always female. That is the pattern that has always rang true with my cats.... & all the ones that I've know. That's is alot of cats.

But anyways, I'm about to start some sandwiching those little quilts. Shouldn't take long. ;)

Tricia

Originally Posted by germanquilter (Post 5535465)
Pumpkin is a one-year old male tabby...and the most affectionate curious, playful cat I have ever owned. We have had 6 cats in the past 26 years and he has been the only male. I am sold on those male orange tabbies now; they almost have dog-like characteristics :) Of course, he has been all over my fabric and sewing table today!

Yes, most orange tabbies are male. I have had 3 orange tabbies in my life. 2 were male and my current one is female. Females are VERY rare, so rare in fact my vet didn't believe me when I told her my cat was female, she said she'd check for herself. LOL My kitty is tiny, looks 6 months old (she's about 6 years old), and any pics I have seen of females they have been tiny. So my theory was that males are bigger and females are smaller because being a female orange tabby is probably some kind of weird genetic mutation thing. So I thought yours would be female since he is small, but he is also still young, so he may not be done growing yet. :) So anyway, that's everyone's lesson on orange tabbies today!! LOL LOVE THEM and everyone should have one at least once in their life!! My tabby is the only cat I have considered taking a restraining order out on as she just wants to cuddle all the time!! Of course I let her, but it's quite amusing to see her follow me around, yes very dog like!!

Cheers!
Rachel

thimblebug6000 09-23-2012 12:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just after 1 here & have my quilt finished. I had the binding done before I started quilting today as I had already done the SID. Glad to have this one finally finished! [ATTACH=CONFIG]365022[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]365023[/ATTACH]
Now I'm going to prepare some handwork for a bus trip I'm taking. I'm going to start the January block from theraspberryrabbits.com bom.

donac 09-23-2012 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 5535567)
Clue 3 and 4 done. I think this is going to be a cute quilt. Have to go take a break for awhile. Back is starting to kill me.

I googled the mystery quilt you mentioned and didn't get to the site. COuld you provide a link please?

donac 09-23-2012 12:28 PM

It is 4:30 and I have done nothing sewing wise. I went to church, gave out communion at the local nursing home and then went to mow fil's lawn. Dinner will be take out and I am getting out the quilt I am handquilting.

Keep up the good work everyone.

donac 09-23-2012 12:32 PM

I got to it

Pat625 09-23-2012 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got 2 of these table runners pieced...couldn't get the whole thing in the picture and still be able to clearly see anything. may have to buy myself a decent camera..Only 4:30, so I will sandwich and quilt these..Maybe tonight when I usually do my quilting on my scrappy, I will bind these..I can't believe I am getting so much done!! [ATTACH=CONFIG]365027[/ATTACH]

PokerDiva 09-23-2012 12:36 PM

Here you go.....http://carterquilter.wordpress.com/2...-for-download/

Originally Posted by donac (Post 5535665)
I googled the mystery quilt you mentioned and didn't get to the site. COuld you provide a link please?

Jan in VA 09-23-2012 12:46 PM

I love reading all the comments during our Virtual Quilting Day. :)

Originally Posted by cannyquilter (Post 5535477)
Jan, I had some reverse sewing to do on my quilt top and so I did it last night as I did not want to start the day going backwards (if you get my drift).

How smart were you; why didn't I think of that, LOL?!
:p Going backward first has put me in a bit of a mood, but, at least it's done now, and i still have time to sew.

For lunch today I went to a pub with my husband and we had roast beef and yorkshire pudding with lots of fresh vegetables and meaty gravy.

My mom used to fix roast beef and Yorkshire pudding...been decades since I've had it! I'll have to remind her to fix it now that she lives near me (before she 'goes', as she's 87 years young!)

Jan in VA

Settling down for the evening in front of the television, will trace the templates for the applique whilst I am doing that and also cut out and sew on some labels.

Thanks to everyone for your company today, you kept me focused and Rachel once again a big thanks for organising today, looking forward to next month.

Canny:o

Jan in VA 09-23-2012 12:57 PM

I've finished my reverse sewing. Have pieced one quadrant together. Laying out and sewing together the remaining two that were reversed......had to do this because they really were not squared enough the first time I did them, with Mother's help. I had to laugh, she was determined *that* side would match, and I was insistent *this* side was the 'main' one. Now I'm re-doing. But I won't tell her I had to remake them.:)

Might take a minute for a late afternoon sweet break.

Keep on keeping on, y'all! I'm in for the rest of the day til late, late, late. Like a real retreat, I won't go to bed til I'm near falling down!!

Jan in VA