Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Comfortable chair for sitting at my machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/comfortable-chair-sitting-my-machine-t59491.html)

littlehud 08-15-2010 09:35 AM

I sat in a number of chairs in stores til I found the perfect one. I love my chair. It must be OK because the kids keep trying to steal it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PuffinGin 08-15-2010 09:51 AM

I know that my sewing chair is not typical of what many others use but since you asked the question, I'll respond. I use an old armless, height-adjustable office chair with the back removed. I don't lean back when sewing so don't need the back. I consider it good for my back that I sit upright and use my stomach muscles. Just my way.

leaha 08-15-2010 10:36 AM

well I had an old office chair from about 30 years ago I have used for my sewing chair. It has 4 legs, at the bottom, (now they make them with 5) which I did NOT want, as just one more leg to get in the way of my foot peddle.
It has casters to roll where ever I want it to go, and it has adjustable seat and back. Black.
When we moved here and I had to go to the court house to pay taxs and reg, to vote I noticed the chairs, JUST like mine.(only done in brown) told the clerk if they got new chairs I wanted to buy the old ones. Long story short, got them this Feb. at auction, all 7 for $15, and they even gave me a paper shreader! Love my chairs!!!

BellaBoo 08-15-2010 10:45 AM

I bought a inexpensive swivel office chair with lift and left the back off. It's great. A stool is so much better then a chair for sewing.

Jeannette in NJ 08-15-2010 02:04 PM

I'm using a folding bar stool that I got from Walmart and a swivel topper that I got from AAA. It is supposed to be used to help people get in and out of the car but I use it to turn from my machine to ironing board. Because the stool is 24" high, my elbows are at the correct angle for sewing. I am fortunate to be tall so I can reach the floor. Vertically challenged may need to use a book to support the foot pedal.

CompulsiveQuilter 08-16-2010 03:29 AM

So I just read on this thread that I could take the arms off the chair I have. I went straight to the sewing room with a screwdriver. But guess what???? It's the arms that hold the back to the seat. Oh well. Lost a screw, too. I feel like an idiot

Julie in NM 08-16-2010 04:38 AM

Office chair..no arms..my choice. Just love it.

cjk 08-17-2010 04:39 AM

I use an office chair with the back on. I have a back problem so need the back. I also have carpet but went to WM and bought some of the sheet vinel,( can't spell LOL) works as good as the mats and a lot cheaper!

sewinglady104 08-17-2010 05:03 AM

I bought an office chair first and it fell a part so i went to my fabric shop and bought one. It is so comfy and I don't have any problems with it. It costs more then a $100, but was worth the money.

hobo2000 08-17-2010 05:09 AM

Office chair no arms with a separate lower back support thingy.