Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Comfortable chair for sitting at my machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/comfortable-chair-sitting-my-machine-t59491.html)

ConnieSue 08-15-2010 08:25 AM

Can anyone tell me if they have a specific name/brand of chair that they use when they sit to quilt? I am in the market for one but don't want to spend much over 100.00 or so.

Emma S 08-15-2010 08:32 AM

I don'thave a name brand but I've found office chairs are the best. If your looking for new, stores like Staples have a wide range of floor models that you can sit in to test how they feel for you. I have also purchased one from a used office furniture store for well under $100.

tmw 08-15-2010 08:32 AM

any chair that you like , i use a computer chair, i think one without arms is good. juist try them out.

Deb watkins 08-15-2010 08:32 AM

There has quite a bit of discussion on this, if you do a search, you will find lots of suggestions from all of us as to what we use. We each have different needs, so you will have a variety of chairs to choose from!!

amma 08-15-2010 08:56 AM

I went to a few office stores until I found one that was the perfect fit :D:D:D

mosquitosewgirl 08-15-2010 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S
I don'thave a name brand but I've found office chairs are the best. If your looking for new, stores like Staples have a wide range of floor models that you can sit in to test how they feel for you. I have also purchased one from a used office furniture store for well under $100.

Be careful about inexpensive office chairs and check their warranties. I bought one I just loved at first...$59.00, fit me really well. After about 6 months of use every time I would swivel it would drop about a half an inch until I was at the very bottom. Unfortunately, the warranty was only 90 days. So, I ended up paying more for a new one that had a better warranty. Go to a couple of office supply stores and try them out, find what fits and check out the store's return policy and the chair's warranty. Good luck. A good chair makes all the difference.

Joyce 08-15-2010 09:09 AM

I too use office type chairs. I have removed the arms of several chairs.
I have the tightly woven commercial carpet, so I have to use the plastic chair mats under them.
I love the ones that I can also lean back in for a change of position.
I bought 2 saddle type stools for my knitting machines. I'm not sure about them yet. I haven't been able to use the knitting machines until my cardiologist ok's it.

maryb119 08-15-2010 09:10 AM

I have an office chair. It really make s a difference for my back.

Chasing Hawk 08-15-2010 09:15 AM

I use one we bought for 20 dollars. It has no arms is adjustable and is comfy. It's an office chair one like the stenographers use.

Scissor Queen 08-15-2010 09:29 AM

I have an office chair too. I know Staples puts their chairs on sale pretty regularly. I just went to the store during the sale and played Goldilocks until I found the perfect chair.