Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   common size for D9P squares? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/common-size-d9p-squares-t111207.html)

Theresa 03-28-2011 03:51 AM

I've used 6" squares. Made 3 blocks across and 4 down. Use for donation quilts. Will have one ready soon for posting a pic. Love the D9P. It comes together so quickly.

chairjogger 03-28-2011 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Theresa
I've used 6" squares. Made 3 blocks across and 4 down. Use for donation quilts. Will have one ready soon for posting a pic. Love the D9P. It comes together so quickly.

I donate too ! nice to meet you. thanks for posting.

planning my next one right now.. so goes the posting.. wanting ideas.

love this board !

Theresa 03-28-2011 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by chairjogger

Originally Posted by Theresa

I donate too ! nice to meet you. thanks for posting.

planning my next one right now.. so goes the posting.. wanting ideas.

love this board !

:-)

WMUTeach 03-28-2011 05:21 AM

Just for a lark and to use up some scraps, I did 8 inch squares. It was interesting to do such a large square but still very visually effective. It made a really quick lap quilt.

mcar 03-28-2011 05:33 AM

I had enough left over quilting material to cut 4 inch squares for a DP9 for a pillow top to compliment a quilt.

Sandyt 03-28-2011 05:37 AM

Taught this to my Sew and Reap community quilt project group, we have used 5 and 6 inch blocks so far. Some scrapy and one with yellows and blues and one with earth tones and one with purples and pink. Three of them we put sashing around the four blocks we made from the nine patch. Turned out beautiful. I do not know how to post pictures on here. Have to see if my hubby can show me. The tutorial I watched the women used 10 inch blocks. Have fun!!

mcar 03-28-2011 05:51 AM

I had enough left over quilting material to cut 4 inch squares for a DP9 for a pillow top to compliment a quilt.

Abby'smom 03-28-2011 06:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yes , I used 6 1/2 in squares -- I made 5 blocks and then cut -- they are middle of my quilt with a border of little sunnbonnet sues and then a border of big sues and flowers and then 10minute blocks on top and bottom, making a 80 by 103 in quilt for my twin bed

pix of d9p
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176372[/ATTACH]

chairjogger 03-28-2011 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Abby'smom
yes , I used 6 1/2 in squares -- I made 5 blocks and then cut -- they are middle of my quilt with a border of little sunnbonnet sues and then a border of big sues and flowers and then 10minute blocks on top and bottom, making a 80 by 103 in quilt for my twin bed

some day in my lifetime >. I really want to do a sunbonnet sue !! thanks for sharing !

foxxigrani 03-28-2011 06:04 AM

I had some scraps(don't ask what size can't remember) but didn't want to throw them out, so made small 9 patch out of them. Didn't like that either so made D9P and loved them. I framed the small 6" blocks with a larger sashing to outline them, then used a inner strip dark blue so I have a strip quilt. I am using that for my hubbby's favorite wool blanket which has gotten really ugly over the yrs, but he loves it and its still in good shape. So will use it for batting and tie it.