Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting Threads Website (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-website-t110506.html)

watterstide 03-26-2011 03:17 AM

i just got new kit from them tht was clearanced..
i love thier fabrics.and customer service is best..
as a group, we order together, so we get free shipping too.
i just tried thier thread..i love it!

Happy Tails 03-26-2011 03:18 AM

I bought a ton of their batiks and I love them :)

Originally Posted by DirtyPaw
So I saw the post on Connecting Threads "seconds" and took a look at their new Batiks. The price is very good compared to my local fabric shop. So, my question to all is, if you ordered from Connecting Threads were you happy with the quality of the Batik or any new material in general?

Thanks in advance for your responses...

jtquilts 03-26-2011 03:37 AM

I highly recommend CT's customer service! I have only bought the charms in the batik line but, I loved the designs. I wouldn't hesitate ordering batik yardage at all!

Dee Dee 03-26-2011 03:54 AM

I have ordered fabric from them before and was pleased. Great customer service. My opinion is that the quality is not quite comparable with the best, most expensive, of the LQS fabric, but probably compares with the average. Some LQS fabric is soft and rich feeling. CT fabric probably has somewhat less threads. Can't beat it for the price.

jolo 03-26-2011 04:00 AM

Their batiks are lovely the hand is sooooo good.And the price is even better.

quiltease 03-26-2011 04:01 AM

Ordered batiks twice from them and find although the feel is thinner than what I usually buy, the texture is silky. I've never really felt silky batik, it's usually pretty stiff. It worked up well in my projects so no complaints there. It is a bit different in color from what they show, so if you're trying to match some other fabric it may not, even if it's another fabric from them. Was shipped in record time. I'd order again!
bev.

deema 03-26-2011 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by quiltease
Ordered batiks twice from them and find although the feel is thinner than what I usually buy, the texture is silky. I've never really felt silky batik, it's usually pretty stiff. It worked up well in my projects so no complaints there. It is a bit different in color from what they show, so if you're trying to match some other fabric it may not, even if it's another fabric from them. Was shipped in record time. I'd order again!
bev.

I agree completely. They are a bit thinner than some of the brand name batiks...but they are really soft. I've used them in a quilt along side regular cotton fabrics. In one instance, I used a CT batik right beside a Northcott fabric both running the length and width of the quilt for the borders. You cannot tell by feel that they are any different at all, of course, you'd know its a batik because you can see it...but the feel is soooooo soft.

I recently ordered a bunch of their batiks and she is right - the colours on the website photos are off. I found the real thing to be much more vibrant. Luscious, even. Very pretty.

Mattee 03-26-2011 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
i'm the odd one out, i don't care for their fabrics/batiks, thread, or customer service.

i find their fabric to be very thin, their cotton thread makes so much lint, and the customer service - for me - wasn't the best either.

I've been unimpressed as well.

Scakes 03-26-2011 04:24 AM

I haven't ordered any of their batiks, but have ordered from them in the past. Everything has always been nice and service is good. Check out the free patterns section too. I thought several of them were good and saved em.

drdolly 03-26-2011 04:49 AM

Can't say enough positive things about them. Great place. Have had very good luck in all that I have purchased.