Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Connecting Threads Website (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/connecting-threads-website-t110506.html)

lillybeck 03-26-2011 06:52 AM

Anything I have ordered from them has been great and the service is wonderful.

aggie 03-26-2011 07:07 AM

Liked their fabric. Heard batiks weren't such great quality. Thread was awful in my machine. Broke often, and much too linty. Others love the thread.

quilter1943 03-26-2011 07:11 AM

Along with everyone else, yes - great service, wonderful fabrics, fantastic thread. Only thing you have to watch is colors because I've found they aren't always exactly what is printed in the catalog and on their web site- don't order hoping to match something you have because it might not.

jograma 03-26-2011 07:25 AM

I was very pleased with what I ordered from them. No complaints and the service was great.

Janet Espeleta 03-26-2011 07:43 AM

I have purchased some of their batiks & found them to be good quality. Maybe not as good as the higher priced batiks, but certainly better than anything I have ever found at Joanns, Hancocks, or Hobby Lobby!

Kieta 03-26-2011 07:57 AM

i like their fabrics but have found the batiks a bit on the thin side. perhaps it's just the lack of wax some of the other batiks i've worked with seem to still have.

the thread is great for the price.

i've never tried the "seconds" so have no opinion. the stuff in the clearance is priced so low why go to seconds?
i've been happy with the quick delivery & customer service. give them a try. ultimately, it's up to you what you like.

g-maquilts 03-26-2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by DirtyPaw
So I saw the post on Connecting Threads "seconds" and took a look at their new Batiks. The price is very good compared to my local fabric shop. So, my question to all is, if you ordered from Connecting Threads were you happy with the quality of the Batik or any new material in general?

Thanks in advance for your responses...

I have ordered quite a lot of fabric from ct. Some is a little courser than others. Some is quite silky just like lqs fabric. If I buy sale fabric for backs or whatever I don't care too much about texture. For other fabric choices I order a charm pack to see what it is like. In general I really like all their products

grammysharon 03-26-2011 10:26 AM

I just received my first order of batiks from Connecting Threads. I was amazed that the "hand" feels just like the fabric I paid 10.95 a yard. I will definately order from them again! :thumbup:

donnalynett 03-26-2011 12:06 PM

No problems for me and the service and shipping is great

DirtyPaw 03-26-2011 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by kathome
I've ordered from Connecting Threads several times and have been very happy. The quality is good and customer service wonderful.

Another great site is Missouri Star Quilt, although they are more expensive but beautiful quality and probably the best customer service I have EVER encountered.

WOW Missouri Star Quilt is very close to me. I live in the KC Mo area on the KS side.

Thanks for the tip Karen...