Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Could be a problem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/could-problem-t160295.html)

RobertaMarie 10-15-2011 09:06 AM

What a lucky lady you are to have a beautiful daughter who wants to join in with what you love! I would start saving up to buy her a "Sweet Sixteen" quilting machine and tell her to GO Girl!! She could do worse things than join her mother in a wonderful pastime like quilting! I would love to be in your shoes. (I am a grandma though) Wish she was close to me, I would share my stash. :)

Luv Quilts and Cats 10-15-2011 09:07 AM

She did a great job! Maybe should could make bags and sell them to her family and friends and earn some pocket money for fabric.

Luv Quilts and Cats 10-15-2011 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S
Give her .. her own stash ( in a seperate area or box) that she can cut and sew at will, but anything else she needs to ask permision first. Thats how my Mom managed with four sewing girls in the house. Touching Mom's stash was a HUGE No No .. but we had our own smaller stash and periodically she would give us an allowance to add to our own , and she would sometimes de-stash and have an auction amoungst us girls.

The auction idea made me laug! I bet there was some serious bidding going on at times!!!!

smcfadden 10-15-2011 09:10 AM

So long as she makes YOU things, I wouldn't worry about it! She did a great job on that cute bag.

Luv Quilts and Cats 10-15-2011 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by quiltyfeelings
If she is that much of a "regular" at the LQS, would they be willing to help her "sell" her goods? For example, if she could make some samples for their patterns, they would sell the patterns and they could "pay" her with fabric. A LQS here does that, and the items are always marked with a tag that says, "This bag was made by Sasha, a local 12 year old. Sasha's bag and the pattern are available for purchase." This LQS even hangs up photography and painted canvases by local kids, again all are marked with a tag that reads, "this art is made by Tommy, a local 14 year old."

Wow, this is a great idea!

star619 10-15-2011 09:21 AM

Every bond you build with her will result in a better relationship for the future. You can get more fabric, but not another daughter interested in sewing. ( But, do hide your favorites!) :lol:

KathyKat 10-15-2011 09:24 AM

I'd be so proud of her and so happy to have another sewist in the family that I'd giver her all the fabric she wanted. She is sew cute and her bag looks great! Kudos to her.

Grandma Mary 10-15-2011 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Maggiesmom
You will be so happy sharing this "passion" for fabric. Who knows, you may have the next "Vera Bradley" living with you. Cherish the moments and hope they last. You are the lucky lady.

Ditto! I wish I had someone I could share my interest with. None of my DILs are NOT into sewing. :cry:

CarrieC 10-15-2011 10:15 AM

:) PERFECT! I can't think of what else to say - I with my DD had shared my stash and been bitten by the bug! :)

Joyce Ann 10-15-2011 10:29 AM

She is very pretty Great jobs on her bag, I don't think I could do that well