Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Could be a problem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/could-problem-t160295.html)

nccatbird 10-15-2011 12:26 PM

Your daughter is adorable! I love the bag. Now mother...you must learn to share~
I think it is great to have something that both of you enjoy!

KastleKitty 10-15-2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Plumtree
Not are really huge problem but a problem just the same. My fabric stash is in real danger.

My 12 yo daughter has been bit by the quilting bug and is actually using fabric from my stash. She actually made me cut up some of my prettys so she could make bags. She started sewing in August and now asks only a weekly basis to go to LQS or just goes down and picks which ones she wants to use for her current bag project. :shock:

How does a house deal with 2 fabricholics? I'm not sure my budget will like it, I know its not the end of the world but she wants me to cut my fabric.

Seriously, her bags are great and she is going to be starting her first lap quilt today.

She did a beautiful job and YOU are blessed! What you have is not a problem but a blessing!

fayzer 10-15-2011 01:14 PM

Oh, you are so lucky. So many young girls today don't have a clue about how to sew. I had to beg my Mom to teach me to sew and that in itself was a chore. Use this as an opportunity for her to learn how to earn money for her fabric, how to coupon shop for the best deals.I had to babysat to or do chores to earn my fabric money as a young girl. If all else fails, separate your fabrics into what she can choose from and what she cannot. I'm sure you have fabrics set aside for projects of your own.It would be very hard for me to let a young sewer learn on beautiful fabrics that cost a lot, that I had chosen for a special project. She is doing a great job. She is adorable and so is her bag. PM me her name and address and I will send her some scraps big enough to sew on. I have some cute cupcake fabrics and coordinating fabrics that I made a quilt from for my 17 year old GD.

ButtermilkMama 10-15-2011 01:35 PM

COOL PURSE!!!!!!

Cagey 10-15-2011 01:59 PM

I wish I had problems like that. Can't get daughter or granddaughters interested in quilts. Won't even take an interest in what I make.

judord 10-15-2011 02:07 PM

Wonderful!! My 12 yr. old granddaughter is also starting, but she lives a couple of hours away, so my stash is quite safe; for now. Hmmm, good idea, hide it. Enjoy.
Judy

carolaug 10-15-2011 02:10 PM

Love her Bag!!! Please encourage her...wish my Mom did...

watson's mom 10-15-2011 02:20 PM

I love that bag, she really did a good job. She is cute as can be too.

CAS49OR 10-15-2011 03:18 PM

Can I have her? How wonderful to have a daughter like that, enjoy!

My time 10-15-2011 03:33 PM

Great how fun except for the cutting up of your stash. Oh well it's going to good use.