Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Could be a problem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/could-problem-t160295.html)

Gerrie 10-15-2011 07:19 PM

I love it they grow up so fast and are gone spend all the time you can with her and share your stash (you could hide some favorites} but enjoy your time together

DeAnne-Mn. 10-15-2011 07:48 PM

You are so blessed to have such a willing student with this huge amount of talent [must be from hanging around her Mom] and dreams at such a young age. Many wonderful life lessons can be learned through her interest in quilting, as stated in the above posts. Thank you for sharing your daughter and her ambitions.

MacThayer 10-15-2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cattyqwltr
Now is a good time to start basic lessons in economics . lol

I agree. How about a simple ledger system? Every time she takes from your stash, or you buy fabric for her, it goes in the ledger. The point isn't to keep track so she can pay you back. The point is to teach her what fabric and her craft actually cost. Right now, I'll bet she hasn't a clue about the costs. You can make it more fun by having her break it down into monthly/yearly costs, or break it down into fabrics, notions, etc. Anything to give her an idea of what the costs are. Just keep it light and fun. Maybe you can give rewards for keeping it within a certain range, or something like that. You're her mother. You'll know what motivates her!

You are so lucky to have a beautiful, talented daughter who is interested in the creative craft that you love, and works together with you on it. What could be more special?

Best of luck to you!

Debbie C 10-15-2011 08:35 PM

you have the best quilting buddy!! She's a very talented (and pretty) young lady!

penski 10-15-2011 08:39 PM

first of all she did a great job on the purse,second of all Good Luck with replenishing your stash for 2 now,instead of one !!!

sewbeadit 10-15-2011 08:50 PM

That is so neat, out of 3 girls I didn't have that problem, so you are actually lucky!

12 was the age I started sewing. My mom bought herself a new Elna (way back when) and I started using it and never stopped, so you better watch out.lol

Anna.425 10-15-2011 09:57 PM

Awesome kid. She definately needs to get a job. When I was 12 I wanted new hiking boots and a new backpack. I cleaned houses to ear the money (of course when I had enough I quit so I could go hiking). Perhaps she could do jobs for you to earn her sewing fabric?

BETTY62 10-15-2011 10:03 PM

She is beautiful and so is her bag.

Dretha 10-16-2011 06:46 AM

Well I will say it again, she is beautiful and the bag is cute too. I wish my daughter was alive to share my quilting addiction..and I have all grandsons so no luck there unless they marry someone who I can share with lol.

red-warrior 10-16-2011 07:10 AM

Cute daughter and bag! Much cheeper than drug and alcohol rehab so many
young people need! You may just need to shop yard sales or thrift shops for
finds and let her earn her money. How fun to share a hobby!