Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Count your fabrics in kits! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/count-your-fabrics-kits-t291299.html)

magicmoonmusings 09-20-2017 03:26 PM

Good to hear they have great customer service. And good tip, thanks for the heads up!

Irishrose2 09-20-2017 07:03 PM

I am sewing charms into HSTs and just discovered one of the charms is only 2/3 size. It is a Northcutt line so I didn't expect that. I certainly am not going to inspect every charm square, but i do count them before I start a project.

tscweaves 09-20-2017 10:15 PM

My one and only kit came from Craftsy and I had more than enough fabric and backing to make the quilt. It was a very good experience for me, especially as a rookie quilter.

Annaquilts 09-20-2017 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tiggersmom (Post 7909319)
Good thing you didn't put it in the closet and 'save' it for later!!!! Glad they are fixing their mistake asap.

Indeed! I just realized that is what I did several weeks ago. I'll check tomorrow.

KwiltyKahy 09-21-2017 04:52 AM

You would think I had learned that lesson when I had a kit I put away and found it short a piece when I finally was ready to start it. It caused me to avoid buying kits for a very long time. However, last spring I fell in love with a Jenny Beyer kit and it was on sale. A coupe of weeks ago I received a package from RJR. They found that a piece was missing and replaced it. Great!!!!!!

SusieQOH 09-21-2017 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy (Post 7910424)
You would think I had learned that lesson when I had a kit I put away and found it short a piece when I finally was ready to start it. It caused me to avoid buying kits for a very long time. However, last spring I fell in love with a Jenny Beyer kit and it was on sale. A coupe of weeks ago I received a package from RJR. They found that a piece was missing and replaced it. Great!!!!!!

Sometimes life gets in the way. I was excited to get started and that's the only reason I noticed. But I can also picture myself putting it in my sewing room without checking as I do with other things. Like those amazing rotary blades I just got a great deal on that are already buried in my room and I can't find! :D

kat13 09-21-2017 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Tiggersmom (Post 7909319)
Good thing you didn't put it in the closet and 'save' it for later!!!! Glad they are fixing their mistake asap.

EEKS this is exactly what I did!! On my first kit ever!!! I'm sure it's to late now but if I ever buy another, will check it!!!

Lady Diana 09-22-2017 05:35 AM

got a kit from Craftsy, it took me hours to figure how to get all of my pieces cut because of shortage on fabric....lots were not on grain...had to turn fabric to get them cut. as is, the last set of strips only allowed 1/8th inch seam.....complained to them.....they were out of the fabric. sent a "gift" of box of thread. must have been stored in a 200 degree warehouse. the plastic spools (all of them) disintegrated when picked up and placed on my machine...told them.....no response.

SusieQOH 09-22-2017 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana (Post 7911136)
got a kit from Craftsy, it took me hours to figure how to get all of my pieces cut because of shortage on fabric....lots were not on grain...had to turn fabric to get them cut. as is, the last set of strips only allowed 1/8th inch seam.....complained to them.....they were out of the fabric. sent a "gift" of box of thread. must have been stored in a 200 degree warehouse. the plastic spools (all of them) disintegrated when picked up and placed on my machine...told them.....no response.

Wow, that surprises me. I have had 2 problems with them and they fixed them immediately. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience :(

Lilrain 09-22-2017 10:36 AM

Excellent advice