Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Craftsy BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/craftsy-bom-t181256.html)

#1piecemaker 03-01-2012 03:50 PM

I signed up but haven't even started any yet.

TexasSunshine 03-01-2012 06:04 PM

I have finished the first 4. The first 2 were very easy and had good instructions. The second 2 were different and I had to modify them a tad to get them to come out right. I have really enjoyed them. I need to check the ones for March but have not had time. You can access the previous blocks any time you want to.

Sadiemae 03-01-2012 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by ncredbird (Post 5022820)
I went and checked them out. They are cute but I can't find any patterns for any of the previous ones. Is it one of those sites where they are pulled once the new patterns come out? Ann in TN

The way I understand it is that once you sign up for the class you will always have access to the videos and patterns. Just click on the month that you want to see.

chislett 03-01-2012 06:08 PM

This is a really nice block of the month. I just finished the string quilt block for March, will do the web one tomorrow. In my previous blocks I didn't use a scant 1/4 inch so my blocks are slightly smaller. I am hoping this won't cause to much of a problem in the end.

Krisb 03-01-2012 07:01 PM

Ann, you do need to sign up for the class but it's free.

GrandmaSewNSew 03-01-2012 07:13 PM

Chislett,
There was some talk on the site about Amy saying that you need to add 1/2 inch to the line she was going to draw for the second block and then she said and seemed to do 1/4 inch. Did you use the 1/4 inch and does your second string block have a 1/4 inch seam around the background points so they won't be lost when you sew it to another block? I've been waiting to learn the answer to this before doing the block. Thank you.

Originally Posted by chislett (Post 5023207)
This is a really nice block of the month. I just finished the string quilt block for March, will do the web one tomorrow. In my previous blocks I didn't use a scant 1/4 inch so my blocks are slightly smaller. I am hoping this won't cause to much of a problem in the end.

judy363905 03-02-2012 11:01 AM

March Blocks for Craftsy

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my blocks...the string ones are the March blocks... I do recomend that you use a scant 1/4" seam when joining the units and a consistant 1/4" in the unit construction. You may gues I am using a blue/yellow theme...
Hope you have a super weekend.

Judy in Phx, AZ

40MPHK9 03-02-2012 11:06 AM

I am doing these, too. This month's is very similar to the simple lap quilts we make to take to shut-ins, veteran's hospital, etc. Easy, and no right or wrong. :)

Scraps 03-02-2012 11:11 AM

Yesterday, I watched the first class. I have a lot of company coming in March, but I have lots of sewing time spring and summer so I hope to do them then. My brain works better with visual lessons :-) AND I love FREE lessons :-)

Cuddly Quilter 03-02-2012 11:23 AM

tHANKS very much for this tip. Pity i have already done my block. Looks like i am going to have to RE SEW the centre joining pieces to narrow the block a bit. Was fun making though.