Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Craftsy BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/craftsy-bom-t181256.html)

Cuddly Quilter 03-02-2012 11:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my January, February and March blocks. I am really having fun making these. My eldest daughter wants me to turn this into a wall hanging for her.

franc36 03-02-2012 01:29 PM

I so enjoyed seeing the pictures of the completed blocks. They are beautiful! I am not at all original. I am using the same fabric as the instructor. Because I am in the middle of a quilt I am trying to complete, I haven't started on the March blocks. I have watched the video and printed the instructions. I am excited about the March blocks and can't wait to make them. I have never made that type of block before. The thing I most enjoy about this BOM is that I am learning so many new skills. As for the instructor saying "1/2 inch" ,that was obviously a mistake. She meant to say "1/4 inch".

GrandmaSewNSew 03-02-2012 01:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I love the pictures of the completed blocks and now wish I'd stuck with a theme. I saw this as a chance to use some fabrics I bought just because I couldn't resist the price! Not sure if I want to do the string blocks yet as a result of this. I would like to use more of the fabrics I'll actually use from the group I selected for the quilt. I can't believe we'll use all the fabric required for this quilt unless we use the left overs to make a scrappy back. Here's the two blocks I've completed and my fabrics. The background is Kona snow even thought it looks darker.[ATTACH=CONFIG]316837[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]316838[/ATTACH]
Any suggestions for the string blocks or should I just wait to do them?

Ruby the Quilter 03-02-2012 06:48 PM

I have the first 2 months finished and printed off the March patterns. Think it will be a pretty quilt.

grma33 03-03-2012 04:18 AM

i have them all done in xmas except last
will post a pictuer later i did a very scant 1/4 on the march 1st one as i found the foundation shrunk a little after sewing the strips
i`m very confused about starting the sec one as you`ve all said in your thread about 1/4 and 1/2 are you talking about seaming?
when you draw your line from the 1/4 up from the bottom middle and draw your line to the 7 inch do you move your ruler a 1/4 inch?clear as mud for me hope someone can answer
i too love this bom as learning new things
Thanks Gale

grma33 03-03-2012 04:38 AM

ok so i watched the video for the 3rd time lol i will go 1/4 past my dots
off to make it wish me luck
post picture later
loved seeing everyones block
Gale

grann of 6 03-03-2012 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Krisb (Post 5023320)
Ann, you do need to sign up for the class but it's free.

It is free to sign up, but then you have to pay to see the videos. I started watching the first one, and it cut off just when she got to the important part. I kinda felt like it was false advertising. Not interested in paying to watch something on my own computer.

nhweaver 03-03-2012 04:56 AM

I have finished jan and feb. Didn't have trouble with Feb at all. I haven't seen March yet, hope to get to it next week. Maybe we should start a topic thread.

FLQ 03-03-2012 05:16 AM

I found the first and second block links but I have signed up and I think they are not available unless you sign into the BOM web area. I believe the sign up is still available.

GrandmaSewNSew 03-03-2012 06:36 AM

This class is free! You need to sign up for this class. I haven't paid anything for it. You can watch the videos, participate in the class discussions all for free just as if you had paid. It's their other classes that you have to pay for.

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 5026977)
It is free to sign up, but then you have to pay to see the videos. I started watching the first one, and it cut off just when she got to the important part. I kinda felt like it was false advertising. Not interested in paying to watch something on my own computer.