Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Depressed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/depressed-t84332.html)

quilt3311 12-22-2010 06:58 AM

Just present her with a photo of what you have and an IOU for the finished project by a certain date.

crochetetc 12-22-2010 06:59 AM

So no luck on finding the angels and I give up after tearing up and cleaning the sewing room. To make matters worse my hubby says they were sitting on the table before you cleaned it...oh well.

I made a trip to the LQS and picked up some alternate blue and yellow fabric and will toss together a table runner and give that to her with her handmade ornaments. Not going to stress over not finding them..there is always Christmas next year and I have labeled and put up the remaining angel and matching fabric for the wall
hanging.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and suggestions.

JADE D 12-22-2010 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by crochetetc
So no luck on finding the angels and I give up after tearing up and cleaning the sewing room. To make matters worse my hubby says they were sitting on the table before you cleaned it...oh well.

I made a trip to the LQS and picked up some alternate blue and yellow fabric and will toss together a table runner and give that to her with her handmade ornaments. Not going to stress over not finding them..there is always Christmas next year and I have labeled and put up the remaining angel and matching fabric for the wall
hanging.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and suggestions.

I read somewhere that lost things are usually found within 18 inches of where they are supposed to be. It's worked for me. [Also St. Anthony is great and I don't think you have to be Catholic.]

mhansen6 12-22-2010 07:23 AM

They will show up, after Christmas.

Nanjun 12-22-2010 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by mhansen6

Please let us know when you find them. Just anxious to klnow where you find them.

bjnicholson 12-22-2010 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Nanjun

Originally Posted by mhansen6

Please let us know when you find them. Just anxious to klnow where you find them.

Yes! Please let us know so we'll know where to look when we lose our! ;)

Lyn 12-22-2010 07:45 AM

Take a deep breath and and use this as a mantra, "I did not toss them and they are in the house somewhere" I do that and eventually I find what I am looking for. Static electricity could have them stuck on fabric or sweaters or...

JeanDal 12-22-2010 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by starshine
Can you remember the last time you had them? Try to visualize when you had them, where you were, which room, what you were doing, just after. Maybe it will help, and ask your guardian angel to lead you to look for it where you put it. Saying a prayer for you that you find it in time.

Backtracking like that helps me. I hope you find them.

Anne Marie 12-22-2010 09:17 AM

I wasn't able to finish a rag quilt for m husband because he was always around when I tried to work on it...so I wrapped it anyway and will tell him I will finish once the holidays are over. Can you do the same with her gift?

emsgranny 12-22-2010 09:36 AM

[quote=crochetetc]So no luck on finding the angels and I give up after tearing up and cleaning the sewing room. To make matters worse my hubby says they were sitting on the table before you cleaned it...oh well.

hanging.

Did this with 600.00 worth of money orders - did not have the St Anthony prayer then - I put them in plain envelope on computer desk - I remembered that - unfortunately My grandkids play with empty envelopes all the time and I happen to share that room with them - thinking my envelope was still in safe place I began to clean up the shared room finding envelopes everywhere because all four of my grandkids enjoyed playing post office. I started tossing envelopes and remember tossing one that was blank on outside - just like one that I thought was safe!!! Cant prove it but I am thinking thats where it went. Unfortunately I couldnt replace or cancel money orders since the copy I would need was still attached to original money orders. Expensive lesson learned - I hope someday I will find them lol