Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   DH saw the news tonight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dh-saw-news-tonight-t99824.html)

Deb watkins 02-15-2011 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Lord, the clulessness of many DH's. LOL. I still smile when I think about the time I left a big stack of Moda fat quarters on the kitchen counter and DH asked me if I was going to use all those rags as he could use some in his shop.

This made me laugh outloud. Rags......yeah....go for it honey...

klgreene 02-15-2011 02:01 PM

Just went to hobby lobby today, saw some really pretty fabric. It was 30% off, still $6.99 a yd. Original price was $9.99, so I guess Hobby Lobby has already raised their prices. I only needed a yd. of 4 colors, which is what I got, but before I would have gotten at least 2 or 3 yds each.

leevenora 02-15-2011 02:11 PM

This all makes me so nervous, I have not had time to get much of stash, since I am still very new to quilting. Chewing my nails.

fred singer 02-15-2011 02:15 PM

Yeah and they are the first to say can you make something for SO & SEW

PiecesinMn 02-15-2011 02:21 PM

I just vitual shopped in your room. Thanks. I got some really nice fabric.

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
hehe..show him this pix of my room...and tell him that THIS is not even all of the fabric I own!

JUNEC 02-15-2011 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by GagaSmith
They talked about the rising cost of cotton and why. He looked at me and said, "good thing you have a lot of fabric and won't have to buy any for a while." I just nodded. My stash is no where near some of yours. I have just one plastic three drawer cabinet and he thinks i have a lot. What he doesn't know won't hurt him. I will be buying on sale and looking for bargains.

You might want to show him some to the stash that are posted on the board.

But I do agree - with the don't know- won't hurt

CoventryUK 02-15-2011 03:01 PM

Work on the "need to know basis"!!! and he doesn't need to know!!!!!! LOL!!

purplepamela 02-15-2011 03:15 PM

I am so lucky. I have a very wonderful thoughtful DH. My last fabric hunting trip he gave me a $100, the keys to his truck told me the tank was full, to have fun. He knows its something i love so he is ok with it since it makes me happy.

grumpy90650 02-15-2011 05:35 PM

first chocolate, then cotton!! we are in trouble...here is a hint for cheap (price, not quality) fabric....those of you who live in the southern calif area, in orange county there is a fabric store called "M & L"....it is a great place to build stash, buy backings.........i go everytime i visit my old homestead there....usually UPS 2 or 3 boxes home from there!!!.....gina

litacats 02-15-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
One of our local thrift stores frequently has fabric. And they only charge $1.00 per piece. It certainly has helped me build my stash on the cheap.

Same here.the pieces can be a fat quarter or five mtrs it is still only $1.00 even if it isn't cotton I buy it to make or line bags depending on what it is made of. it is helping me to rebuilt my stash that I lost in the fire.