Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did anyone else get this DVD in the mail? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-anyone-else-get-dvd-mail-t65022.html)

grann of 6 09-16-2010 07:42 AM

It is called "The Essential Quilting DVD Collection" by the National Quilters Circle. You can keep the DVD without paying for it since it was unsolicited. Watch it for free and if you like it send the order form with $12.95 and you will receive additional DVDs every 2 or 3 months. I have watched part of it; don't know how long the entire thing is, but seems to be informative for a new quilter. It covers the color wheel, color values, etc. I am just wondering how many of these things were sent out and to whom. And do you like it?

stitchinwitch 09-16-2010 07:43 AM

nope - not me

craftybear 09-16-2010 07:45 AM

nope, haven't received it, but be careful, I heard it was a scam to get your personal information

Originally Posted by grann of 6
It is called "The Essential Quilting DVD Collection" by the National Quilters Circle. You can keep the DVD without paying for it since it was unsolicited. Watch it for free and if you like it send the order form with $12.95 and you will receive additional DVDs every 2 or 3 months. I have watched part of it; don't know how long the entire thing is, but seems to be informative for a new quilter. It covers the color wheel, color values, etc. I am just wondering how many of these things were sent out and to whom. And do you like it?

Jeanniejo 09-16-2010 07:45 AM

I got one but haven't had time to watch it yet. Maybe I need to.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-16-2010 08:05 AM

I wouldn't fall for it. There is so much info on this board and the entire internet that you don't need all those things people send unsolicited ( my opinion)

sewhappy30 09-16-2010 08:23 AM

Yes, I did get one and watched it. It was very informational, I really liked it.

Then I received the 2nd one. I also really liked it but it cost 24.95 plus shipping. I did keep it because I liked it and also I kept it longer than the trial period before having a chance to watch it. However, I sent a note stating that the price was way to expensive and I would not be buying anymore.

They were really informational for me, since I'm a beginner, but not worth 24.95 plus shipping.

Kitsie 09-16-2010 08:26 AM

We had a post recently where magazines were trying this stunt and the content was pretty useless. Don't fall for it. There is a lot of the same information for free here and on the internet.

sjhughson 09-16-2010 08:30 AM

Yeah, I got one and knew if unsolicited, I don't have to pay. I have not watched in and might just toss it. How dare they? I hope they call me cause I'll tell them the law and that I threw it out. I get 'free' return labels all the time from organizations wanting money. I don't pay any attention to them either. I didn't ask for it I don't want it. Stop sending me this junk.

grann of 6 09-16-2010 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I wouldn't fall for it. There is so much info on this board and the entire internet that you don't need all those things people send unsolicited ( my opinion)

Oh, I agree. I was just curious where they got my name & address. They aren't getting any money from me. Sometime when I am "bored" I will watch the rest of it and see if I learn anything I didn't know. It amazes me how many people are trying to make a buck any way they can.

Sadiemae 09-16-2010 08:57 AM

Didn't Fons and Porter do the same thing?