Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did anyone else get this DVD in the mail? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-anyone-else-get-dvd-mail-t65022.html)

Caroltee 09-16-2010 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by dingaleena
I did receive the DVD. If you read the letter with it, it specifically states to send payment ONLY if you want to continue and receive a second DVD in 2-3 months. If you do not wish to join, keep the first one as a gift, no obligation as it was not requested by you. They covered all that in their letter so it is not a "scam", they were honest upfront. I actually enjoyed the first DVD and added it to my other Quilting DVD's collection. I did not send in payment as I really did not wish to join and I never heard another word. As far as I can see, they lived up to what they claimed in their introductory letter, so good luck to them in trying to have a business. It could be an attempt by a housewife or quilt guild to make money. The DVD's may be of help to newbies! I know that first one showed me I had NO interest in ever trying English Paper Piecing! LOL!! But there were some very interesting tips on it I enjoyed watching!

They did say it was a gift but about a month latter I RECEIVED a letter to send it back in that yellow envelop or send payment as requested. I never thought it to be a scam. You just don’t send a gift and then request it back.

Chris46 09-19-2010 05:47 PM

Hi, I am new on this forum and I received one of these DVDs yesterday. I have been trying to find their website but didn't find it. It seems like a very good dvd and informative.

pocoellie 09-19-2010 06:07 PM

I just got it in the mail Saturday. I didn't order it. I watched about 10 minutes of it. It does look like a pretty informative one, but I'm not buying it.

greensleeves 09-19-2010 08:38 PM

Got one. Watched it. It's pretty good for a new quilter. Won't be paying for it or sending it back. Maybe I should feel a little guilty for keeping it but if we all kept and didn't pay companies would stop sending. Maybe I should send them one of my wallhangings with a bill. :)

debbieumphress 09-19-2010 08:39 PM

I have gotten several from different companies and just put them back in the return and mark cancelled. I looked at one and it was only a few minutes long so no more. Scam or not, I don't like them sending me something I have to send back or get billed. GRrrrrrrrrrrrr.

DIdn't order you...back you go.

RedGarnet222 09-19-2010 08:48 PM

Yup I got one too. It says at the end of the speel that you can keep it free. I don't think I will be ordering it either. I have too many videos and books as it is.

pfrappier 09-30-2010 07:01 PM

I received a DVD today and it is not free! If you keep it you need to send ~$12 for it AND you keep getting them. This is unsolicited and must be stopped. The information in this DVD is readily available for free. I can't seem to find them on-line but when I do they will get a piece of my mind.

quiltlady37 09-30-2010 07:06 PM

I received it and did not send it back or pay for it since I didn't request it. Now I am getting letters asking for payment. I am just ignoring them.

Cole's granny 11-02-2010 11:44 AM

Yes, I received the DVD, and enjoyed it, although I don't plan on buying any. I am going to share it with my quilt club, as there is info within it that pertains to most levels of quilters.

Ginger2010 11-02-2010 12:17 PM

Never got any DVD's from neither Fons & Porter or the other! I am subscribed to the Fons & Porter magazine though, but never received any DVDs from them! I would do the same as others, look at it and nope never ordered it so they would not get any money from me!