Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did anyone else get this DVD in the mail? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-anyone-else-get-dvd-mail-t65022.html)

Kathy M. Boice 01-15-2011 09:04 PM

I also received the unexpected DVD in 2010. It came by mail in a nice plastic case. I was skeptical, but It peeked my interest since I cannot go to local shops to learn new techneques. I paid the $12. for the first DVD, but was disapointed when each of the following DVD's arrived in a paper folder instead of a plastic case and the higher cost $27.44. I do enjoy the series, but am reconsidering because of the price, the switch to the paper case, and the lack of available information/contacts. I feel like the product was misrepresented by originally coming in a nice case and then the cost soared and the package cheapened. I sent a note back with one of my payments about the switch of the case and the cost, but never heard back from anyone.

I did not know about some of the techniques the DVD has demonstrated, so would not know what to look for free on the internet. I wish they had a contact person or wweb site to complain to. Like I said, I enjoy the DVD, just too many other issues. Too bad they would not respond to all of our concerns!

I have found the marketing company: www.tnmarketing.com/tnmbrands/list/national-quilters-circle/

nativetexan 01-15-2011 09:19 PM

I hope not. i hate getting things i didn' t order. Fon's & Porter did that already.

Kathy M. Boice 01-15-2011 09:20 PM

Wellnow, I just posted the marjeting comapny to the issue of the DVD's. I then sent their customer service a comment and I got it back as undeliverable mail returned. Sure is looking bad for the company!! Maybe we should have the postal service look into this matter!

grann of 6 01-16-2011 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kathy M. Boice
I also received the unexpected DVD in 2010. It came by mail in a nice plastic case. I was skeptical, but It peeked my interest since I cannot go to local shops to learn new techneques. I paid the $12. for the first DVD, but was disapointed when each of the following DVD's arrived in a paper folder instead of a plastic case and the higher cost $27.44. I do enjoy the series, but am reconsidering because of the price, the switch to the paper case, and the lack of available information/contacts. I feel like the product was misrepresented by originally coming in a nice case and then the cost soared and the package cheapened. I sent a note back with one of my payments about the switch of the case and the cost, but never heard back from anyone.

I did not know about some of the techniques the DVD has demonstrated, so would not know what to look for free on the internet. I wish they had a contact person or wweb site to complain to. Like I said, I enjoy the DVD, just too many other issues. Too bad they would not respond to all of our concerns!

I have found the marketing company: www.tnmarketing.com/tnmbrands/list/national-quilters-circle/

Well, I have been getting billed every month for maybe 6 months now. I did not pay for it, or return it. I am not paying postage to return something I DID NOT ask for. I haven't even looked at it since the first time I watched a few minutes of it. I know if I got them I would be the same way. Too much trouble for me. I would rather have it in a book.

quiltwoman 01-16-2011 05:26 AM

I got one and called them to have them remove my name from their list. I have not viewed the DVD but I to use it to trace circles :lol:

lvaughan 01-16-2011 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I wouldn't fall for it. There is so much info on this board and the entire internet that you don't need all those things people send unsolicited ( my opinion)

Oh, I agree. I was just curious where they got my name & address. They aren't getting any money from me. Sometime when I am "bored" I will watch the rest of it and see if I learn anything I didn't know. It amazes me how many people are trying to make a buck any way they can.

I also got one in the Spring, knew if I didn't ask for it I didn't have to pay. I got several letters asking me to either pay for it or send it back, I trashed them. I hate when something is sent to me with the burden on me to do something to make it stop.

I got a notice from my electric company telling me that they were setting up a program for others that could not pay their bill that would automatically round up my bill with the difference going into that fund. If I did not want to participate I would need to contact them. I thought, how dare they, decide I would be a part without first giving consent and then have to opt out. If I had wanted to participate or not after this I definitely won't be.

By the way, they get your name from magazine subscriptions. I subscribed to a magazine where they spelled my name wrong and this CD came with the misspelled name address.

mic-pa 01-16-2011 06:06 AM

I got one and sent it back, End of story

Kathy M. Boice 01-19-2011 02:48 PM

Ok....I have done more research on the Essential Quilting DVD Collection contributers. If you go to www.quiltmaker.com/100blocks-vol01.html you will find all of the demonstraters on the DVD listed there, except for Heather Thomas. I found her at www.wildheatherdesigns.com.
It appears these people who teach each technique on the DVD are free lance writers for quilting magazines. I have emailed Heather Thomas and given her this blog so she can set us all straight and try to help out the validity of the collection. I hope this helps.

tuesy 01-19-2011 03:10 PM

yeah, I got one last year... and even though it said I could keep it, I sent it back.. no postage from me, so it wasn't a big deal to do that..

sewingsuz 01-19-2011 03:11 PM

No I did not get one yet.