Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did anyone else get this DVD in the mail? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-anyone-else-get-dvd-mail-t65022.html)

Jo Belmont 03-30-2011 08:28 PM

Well, I just got mine today and watched the whole thing. It's very, very good and I will use it and/or portions of it in my recurring teaching and for background play at craft fairs, etc.

However, let me actually quote what the letter said as well as provide you with some contact information. I am personally impressed enough that I will pay them the $12.95 and will judge future DVDs on an as-received basis.

As David, I too would like to know who it is that has sold my contact info to them, but it could be something as simple as one of those "accept terms" boxes that we always check but we never really read the fine print. No biggie as my life's an open book anyway.

The letter and DVD: Arrived in a 6x9 windowed envelope containing the DVD in an attractive card holder. There was a red and white insert referring to the letter that said "Please follow these instructions only if you wish to return the DVD."

The letter opened with "Dear Jo, You must be wondering why we sent you [name of DVD]." They tout the advantages of the DVD, its high points, and in the last paragraph they say, "If you like it, send in your Reply Form with $12.95." Then they go on to say another will come every 2-3 months at the "regular price" (but they don't say what that price is). They DO say "You decide with each DVD whether to add it to your collection or return it . . . You can cancel at any time. No minimum purchases, no obligation, and no catch."

Then they say "if you'd like to return the DVD, please follow the directions . . . " which provide for a no-cost return. They DO conclude the letter with an emphasized, bolded type sentence: "Because you didn't ask for this special DVD, you don't have to participate or send it back and can consider it a free gift."

Contact information is right below that AND on the reverse of the Reply Form (which I will copy before I return it to them so that I have the information in my file):

"For Customer Service, call toll-free: 1-866-730-0862
or email: [email protected]
or if you prefer, send us a fax: 763-577-1298"

Where payment gets mailed in is to: Quilters Circle CS, PO Box 1592, Minneapolis, MN 55440

I hope this information will help those of you who are understandably frustrated. Perhaps I received more information than you did, but it does appear there is, in fact, a way to get in touch with these people.

As for me and my teaching, background play at craft fairs, etc., this is a very good presentation of the basics and more. I'll let you know in time if irregularities arise.

Hope this helped some.

duckydo 03-31-2011 04:03 AM

I got it, and do like it but am not sure why I recieved it or how much the future dvd's will cost. I am tempted to keep it. I re read the letter that came with it and it does not say that it is free it says if I choose to keep it send $12.95 or if I choose not to keep it to return it in the prepaid envelope.
With the way things are today I would be afraid to keep it without paying for it. I wouldn't want something like this going on my credit rating. I personally would send it back if I wasn't going to pay for it. Just mho.
It is aggrivating that ppl send us things like this that we do not order.

duckydo 03-31-2011 05:28 AM

I just got off the phone with customer service at Quilters Circle and requested to know how they got my address, no luck they won't tell you. You do not have to pay for the first dvd, but if you want to recieve any more it will run you around $29.00 with the shipping for future dvd's Just a FYI. I think it should be against the law for companys to sell, trade or loan your address to others when you subscribe to something. I know that is how they got my info, but they won't tell you that. :thumbdown:

kayahr 08-10-2011 04:10 AM

I guess I got one. I finally opened one of the pieces of mail from them. It said I got a DVD. I'm pretty sure I threw away all their previous mails -- didn't recognize the return address. In their small print they say you do not have to return it or pay for it. It's almost a scam, but not quite. Just very misleading.

Quilting Board 08-21-2012 06:55 AM

This is a scam! Do NOT send money. They send out UNSOLICITED dvd's; then tell you you should return the DVD or pay for it.

And they have the nerve to keep billing you if you don't send back the money or the DVD.

You are under NO OBLIGATION either mail the dvd back or send money.

Someone is selling your names and addresses to this company; that's where they get your name and address. It is NOT from a quilting magazine, survey, or workshop!

Feel free to report them to your local Attorney General's office.

Quilting Board 08-21-2012 06:57 AM

DVD in the mail; SCAM!

This is a scam! Do NOT send money. They send out UNSOLICITED dvd's; then tell you you should return the DVD or pay for it.

And they have the nerve to keep billing you if you don't send back the money or the DVD.

You are under NO OBLIGATION either mail the dvd back or send money.

Someone is selling your names and addresses to this company; that's where they get your name and address. It is NOT from a quilting magazine, survey, or workshop!

Feel free to report them to your local Attorney General's office.

Julie in NM 08-21-2012 07:00 AM

got it returning it don't want to get into billing fight w/them
Probably got our name(s) from mag subscriptions
Names and address sold all the time.

unicorn53 08-21-2012 07:09 AM

I've been putchasing this series of DVD's and enjoy them very much! They always include a rtn envelope should you not like any particular one, but I've enjoyed them all. Besides, once they're yours, you can watch them anytime you want in full or in part. I have about 14 of them now.......not sure how many will complete the set of if they will continue as things, and technics are changing all the time! :)

romanojg 08-21-2012 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud (Post 1596806)
I didn't get one. :cry: :cry:

I agree; I would have loved to have gotten a free DVD in the mail to watch and hopefully learn.

ArtsyOne 08-21-2012 07:45 AM

I got one about 6 weeks ago and in the fine print it does say that you don't need to return it if you don't want to sign up for more. I kept it and did not respond to the mailing. Just this week I got another letter asking if I was sure that I didn't want to sign up for more DVD's, which I ignored. I found the information on the DVD very elementary and not nearly as informative as the ones that Jenny does on YouTube.